Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: Kindle 2

1. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia View Post
    That screen looks smaller than the original kindle's. The Text-to-speech and included 3g is wonderful. Except that text-to-speech still sounds like hawking.
    Roger Ebert's computer voice sounds like a British butler!
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 10 Feb 2009 at 06:10 PM.

2. I like the idea, but its not there yet.

3. I wish I could find the whole clip of Jeff Bezos (founder of Amazon.com) on the Daily Show endorsing the Kindle II. Stewart basically ripped the product to shreds without even meaning to - the only redeeming feature shown being that you can use it to read with one hand.

lol

4. Well, it's got more redeeming features than that. I now read three newspapers every day and I can do it without getting out of bed. I can download a book and electronically search in it to find relevant information during a discussion. (I can be an argumentative son of a bitch sometimes, so it does come in handy.) And don't underestimate the value of being able to read with one hand. I can now continue with my book while holding on to a rail in a crowded subway train or sitting at a counter in a fast food restaurant eating with one hand.

5. If Roger Ebert ever has an emotion other than surprise or elation he is screwed.

6. 1. Get the price down to a mass-market level.

2. Give it a color screen.

3. Offer comics in the store (collected volumes if not up-to-date single issues).

4. Then I'll buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

7. The screen is very expensive because it simulates paper. Adding color is not going to happen any time soon.

Why's it gotta have a color screen? (oh right nrrd picturebooks)

You know they do put those big B&W Marvel/DC treasury collections out nowadays. Would not be a stretch to just put line art comics on one of these things.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 09 Mar 2009 at 11:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

Newspapers are already available to read on every other wireless handheld device ever.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

I'd use the fuck out of a Kindle if one just fell in my lap, mind you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!