Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 234568 ... LastLast

Thread: Kindle 2

1. If it's perfect they can introduce a blue LED light on the third model to make it from the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. I tried one a week ago. Birthday girl got one. The thing is incredible. Most of my "free time" is on the road and I have Sirius-XM. But the Kindle is so awesome that I want one, even though I don't really have any need for one.
    No gnus is good gnus.

3. I was using mine about an hour ago to read the 9/11 Commission report. Very engrossing reading, and I might never have picked up the book were it not for the delivery method.

4. Apple fought music publishers for years to keep 99 cent pricing on songs. Then eventually they capitulated, after their service was #1, in exchange for DRM free songs.

Since Apple announced the iPad, it was clear they had no interest in fighting the same battle with book publishers. Now publishers are using their leverage to force Amazon's hand, all MacMillan books were pulled over the weekend because MacMillan wants to charge more (and less) than $9.99 for books. Apparently Amazon agreed to it, and the books will be/are coming back, for various pricing. One book I was interested in, went from $10 for the KIndle version to $16. I can buy the paper version for $19 on Amazon.

Of course, one of the main reasons I wanted the Kindle was $10 pricing on books.

Fuck this. Thanks Apple!

5. Pirate them.

6. Jailbreak FTW.

Also, won't the iPad screen be hard to read for prolonged sessions?
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

7. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Jailbreak FTW.

Also, won't the iPad screen be hard to read for prolonged sessions?
    I would think so, but then I realize I look at the LCD screen @ work for over 8 hours a day.

8. It doesn't matter, they are using the fact that they are getting whatever they want from Apple to lean on Amazon (and Sony, and B&N, and etc.).

9. Nook dropped to $199, and the wifi version is $149. Amazon responded by dropping Kindle 2 to $189. Borders' Kobo is $149, but it is bare boned, especially compared to the Nook wifi version.

I am that close to getting a Nook.

10. I fucking love my Kindle. Seriously. I am getting rid of all my paper books and just keeping the Kindle around. I dunno, I have been reading a whole lot more with it, there are tons of free books (most of the classics) and it's so awesome to be able to pull it out anytime I have a couple of free minutes. I love the magazine subs too, I currently have The New Yorker, The Onion, Asimov's Science Fiction and The Escapist Blog. I wish they would figure out how much books are going to cost, some are 9.99 and then some go all the way up to 19.99 (wtf?). Anyway, http://www.feedbooks.com/ is a good place to get the free public domain books as well as free self published authors. There is some really good free sci-fi on there. I have the Kindle 2, does anybody have the Kindle 3? Is it worth upgrading?