Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345679 ... LastLast

Thread: Kindle 2

1. From what I've read, it's a decent improvement over the 2 which makes it the best reader on the market but it's probably not worth the upgrade from 2.

My father recently got a Kindle 2 that he barely uses so I've been borrowing it for a few weeks. I love it and I'd buy my own this very minute if Amazon stopped being horrible and added EPUB support.

2. Quote Originally Posted by epmode View Post
    From what I've read, it's a decent improvement over the 2 which makes it the best reader on the market but it's probably not worth the upgrade from 2.

My father recently got a Kindle 2 that he barely uses so I've been borrowing it for a few weeks. I love it and I'd buy my own this very minute if Amazon stopped being horrible and added EPUB support.
    I doubt Amazon would ever add ePub support. What's their incentive? Their store has the best selection for ebooks and even though mobi format is not as flexible as epub, they don't care since most users would never notice anyway.

3. Their incentive is that I would buy the thing.

Proprietary formats make my teeth hurt.

edit: Read a little more. I guess this would help: http://download.cnet.com/Auto-Kindle...-10907625.html

I hate format wars.
    Last edited by epmode; 14 Sep 2010 at 09:31 PM.

4. Quote Originally Posted by epmode View Post
    Their incentive is that I would buy the thing.

Proprietary formats make my teeth hurt.

edit: Read a little more. I guess this would help: http://download.cnet.com/Auto-Kindle...-10907625.html

I hate format wars.
    Format war for ebooks/text is so stupid. At least you can convert from one to another easily with Calibre. I am very happy with the Nook.

5. Quote Originally Posted by epmode View Post
    Their incentive is that I would buy the thing.
    They don't give a shit about you.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    They don't give a shit about you.
    You get me so hot sometimes.

7. If you hate mobi, just get a Nook or Sony ereader (or myriad other brands). Nook's screen is only slightly less sharp compared to K3, and other ereaders will have the pearl screen very soon anyway.

8. Thanks for letting me read this great post, keep it up.

The same post every time? You're not even trying.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    I dunno. I never really get the feeling of "OH MAN WHY DON'T I HAVE MY COPY OF 'HEART OF DARKNESS' OR PERHAPS 'DO ANDROIDS DREAM OF ELECTRIC SHEEP" all the sudden while riding the subway. I'd rather just hit the library.
    That exact thing actually does happen to me, and often.

No longer am I restricted to the iPhone app slums, I just got the new Kindle jams and it is awesome.

Last edited by Mzo; 25 Dec 2010 at 06:59 PM.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery