Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 24567810 ... LastLast

Thread: Kindle 2

1. I got one too! Let's make out!

2. I got a nook color, it is the shit.

I don't like the color screens.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

4. Are the color screens just LCDs? Doesn't that beat the purpose of having the eInk or whatever?

My stance on these things is coming around. Don't have one yet, but I see that changing in the next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

5. I'm going to cave soon, too. I love having a book collection but it's hard to move books and I can't read a 700+ page hardcover book comfortably on a subway.

On the other hand my bookshelf will go to waste.

6. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Are the color screens just LCDs? Doesn't that beat the purpose of having the eInk or whatever?
    Yep, Nook Color doesn't use eInk. One of the big selling points of these things is the ridiculous battery life so I don't see the point.

7. Quote Originally Posted by epmode View Post
    Yep, Nook Color doesn't use eInk. One of the big selling points of these things is the ridiculous battery life so I don't see the point.
    I do prefer e-ink over LCD, but the Nook Color has one of the best LCD screen (same as iPad) and for night time reading, it is a godsend. Plus, it handles PDFs much better than any of the eink readers.

If you like comics, it can do that comfortably too (but you will have to root it to use the comic app). I also convert some movies and play it on it. So for the versatility, I like the NC over the original Nook. But for day time/commuting reading, I take my classic Nook.

8. Color e-ink screens are coming. I can't post it from my phone, but there's a video about it on youtube. The first one is about to come out in China, but it's like 600 bucks and the colors look really muted.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

Rebecca got a colour Nook. It's pretty sweet. It's like a poor man's iPad.

10. Spell the word right or go fuck yourself.