Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 35678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Kindle 2

1. These e-readers are snazzy and sometimes tempting, but I just can't bring myself to spend $10 to borrow a book when the library will let me do it for free.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

People get shot at the libraries around here. I prefer the kindle app on my iJoint.

3. A bunch of people I was spending Xmas with got Kindle 3's. It's a huge upgrade over the Kindle 2 (which I own). The screen is awesome, much sharper with really fast refresh. The only thing I don't like is the plastic back versus the metal one on K2.

4. Amazon Kindle is a portable e-book. More specifically, it is software, hardware and network platform developed by a subsidiary of Amazon.com Lab126, using a wireless connection, users can buy, download, browse and read e-books, newspapers, magazines, blogs and other digital media in some countries.

5. Forget Kindle, it's so last year. Get Nook (3G or Wi-Fi) or or Nook Color (Wi-Fi) from bn.com or any Barnes & Noble physical store.

The spambots are arguing? It really is the 21st century!
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

I borrowed a Kindle. This screen is way awesome. I don't like book lights.

I just finished up a bunch of books on my Kindle. Read through the entire hunger games series in a few days. I can safely say I'm completely in love with it and I forgot I wasn't holding an actual book. My plan to save shelf space is working. Being able to instantly get the next volume in the series was also excellent, even though I was away from home.

It's pretty awesome.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

I lost my borrowed Kindle in the move.

This is why you can't have nice things.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery