Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 11131415

Thread: Kindle 2

1. I talked a lot of shit about the Kindle and other e-readers in this thread. About a month ago, I bought a Kindle. And I fucking love it and only want to buy e-books now. Now if you'll excuse me, I have some crow to eat.

Quote Originally Posted by Toupee View Post
    Love sliding my nose along the inside crack
    I'll bet.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

This is often the case:

I hate this thing that I have never used so much but hey wait, I gave it a try and it rules! Fuck yeah!

Welcome to the fold.

3. I don't get the instant hate for new tech that replaces old tech. I still buy hard cover every now and then, but for the most part, I stick with ebooks. I can't wait to get the new iPad since I have a ton of math books in PDF and they look so much crisper on high res.

I finished a book at the park today, then purchased and started a new one. Kindle4life.

Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    Borders already went out of business, Barnes & Noble is not far behind. Book stores will be a novelty in a few years and Amazon pushes ebooks hard. Publishers are in an uncomfortable position and doesn't really know what the fuck to do while the world continues to march toward convenience and portability.
    I don't think they will be a novelty. They will just have to change their focus. Like put in coffee shops that generate most of the revenue.

But the days of being able to live off of a building full of paper backs and magazines is coming to an end.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    I don't think they will be a novelty. They will just have to change their focus. Like put in coffee shops that generate most of the revenue.
    But they have been doing that already, at least every B&N I have been to (not just here in NYC, but those in malls in CT, Mass, RI) have Starbucks inside and most of them sell games and other higher margin things.

The Fed's charges against Apple/book publishers for price fixing actually hurts B&N the most. Read the WSJ article today, B&N are in serious trouble and I feel really bad for them.

7. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    But they have been doing that already, at least every B&N I have been to (not just here in NYC, but those in malls in CT, Mass, RI) have Starbucks inside and most of them sell games and other higher margin things.

The Fed's charges against Apple/book publishers for price fixing actually hurts B&N the most. Read the WSJ article today, B&N are in serious trouble and I feel really bad for them.
    Living in CT I can agree with this that they all have a Starbucks inside.
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com

8. like it... nice
    i am translator, http://www.translation.pk

not sure if preparation for spam strike.