Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 234568 ... LastLast

Thread: Noby Noby Boy is a Cultural Tour de Force

If it's that fun, why do you never do it on IRC?

2. In all seriousness, Katamari was doofy and cute and not great as a game, but nice to look at and listen to.

That's probably enough for me from this guy.

3. I dunno, looking for the secrets and clearing time records in Katamari was one of the best gameplay experiences I think I've had out of a 3D game, personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    No, it's not lame because i doesn't have zombies or blad space marines.
    It's a little bit lame because it doesn't have zombies or bald space marines. It doesn't have pucks or tits or Harrison Ford either.

5. Quote from the guy getting paid to make what he wants:

"I wanted to make a game that cannot be expressed by words in the first place. By making an undefined and ambitious game, I want the player’s reaction to be something like, “I don’t know why, but it’s somehow interesting. I can’t stop playing.” In that way, I would feel I have succeeded at creating what I wanted, that is, creating something that’s not easily describable."

What a pussy, right? He probably likes having fun for the sake of it, stupid fairy.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

6. Quote Originally Posted by Tain View Post
    In all seriousness, Katamari was doofy and cute and not great as a game, but nice to look at and listen to.
    Except maybe Virtual On and Geometry Wars it's the best dual stick gaming experience out there and one of the few titles you can drop in front of anyone and witness primal enjoyment instead of confused panic and fumbling. Most of those folks would probably look past the music and odd graphics too.

7. You guys are crazy when you say Keita Takahashi is a hack piece of shit. He's a designer that just happens to make games, and extremely creative ones at that. Katamari was the only game I ever put in front of women that made them instantly want to play it, and they could right away because of the simple controls.

Besides, if the music is even half as good as the Katamari games, this is worth every penny and then some.

Quote Originally Posted by salt_peanuts View Post
    Katamari was the only game I ever put in front of women that made them instantly want to play it, and they could right away because of the simple controls.
    Women are not the test of quality of anything. If anything, that's a strike against him.

9. I was joking about him being a piece of shit (obviously). What I wasn't joking about was commenting on the state of this game. Where's the game? What do you do in it? You don't get points from me by being "indescribable" or some such. I mean, he can do what he wants, and that's cool, but I don't see anything entertaining here.

You can let the business end get out of control and become EA, or you can let the "artistic" end get out of control and create this trash. The great ones find the sweet spot in the middle.