Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345679 ... LastLast

Thread: Noby Noby Boy is a Cultural Tour de Force

1. Eh, I'd say just write it off as an experiement that didn't work, ala Little Big Planet. Maybe some useful idea will shake out by accident. I'm all for new concepts getting explored, I just don't need to pay money for that in every case.

Unless it's SECRETLY AWESOME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. CLEARLY IT IS!!!

lol I can't believe these are the videos they're putting out to try and sell this game/thing.

3. LBP wasn't an experiment that didn't work. a) it's pretty popular, b) at least I can tell what it is and where the gameplay lies

eh, I can't say anymore about this topic, I keep repeating myself ;p

4. All I ever hear about LBP is "sucky floaty jumps ruin everything", so I dunno. Baby steps.

5. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post

CLEARLY IT IS!!!

lol I can't believe these are the videos they're putting out to try and sell this game/thing.

Weird snaky thing having sex with a rainbow?

I get it now...

Backloggery
    GameTZ

Go home and be a family man.

6. Except maybe Virtual On and Geometry Wars it's the best dual stick gaming experience out there and one of the few titles you can drop in front of anyone and witness primal enjoyment instead of confused panic and fumbling. Most of those folks would probably look past the music and odd graphics too.
    Neither of these things have anything to do with my enjoyment of the game.

And I witness "primal enjoyment" because again, it's really cute, doofy, and nice to look at and listen to. It's not a bad product or showpiece or whatever.

scientifically doof

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Eh, I'd say just write it off as an experiement that didn't work, ala Little Big Planet.
    That's one of the worst comparisons I've heard recently.

8. Yo mama.

9. I don't know what is going on in these videos but I would play the hell out of this game.

10. It honestly just looks like a really shitty IGN employee or something was told to pick up the controller and try it, not being told how to control it or what to do, and they decided to tape it. I bet it actually does have gameplay, there is just someone that never touched it before playing it, possibly for the developer/cameraman's amusement in fact. I wouldn't be surprised.

I compare it to videos online of people trying to demo a Tenori-On, and then the creator showing what it can do. Two totally different stories. Look for the videos on Youtube to get an idea of this.