Thread: Flash Help: Need to make a slideshow that plays automatically and loops

1. Flash Help: Need to make a slideshow that plays automatically and loops

I'm working on making a website for my photography. I am using Dreamweaver, Fireworks, and Flash. I want to try to make a slideshow that plays automatically upon the page opening up and loops. Just a few pictures only. I found a tutorial that helps make a looping slideshow, http://www.tutorial-center.com/tutor...an_XML_gallery, but you have to click on each image to progress to the next. Trying out this technique, I know how complex this can be, so I'm not expecting anyone to walk me through step by step, but if anyone knows any sights that can help that would be great. The tutorials on Adobe's site aren't very helpful and I have been unable to find any other sites that are really helpful.

2. Well shit. Amazing what one word can do to a google search. Guess I was over-complicating things. Thanks.

3. if you don't want to rely on flash, you can always do what I did for the featured articles thing here on tnl and use jQuery + image cycling plugin; it's bullshit easy to operate and you don't need to know anything about flash

4. Thanks to Cig's amazing google search, I have semi success. I now know how to do pretty much exactly what I wanted. I did find a tutorial for exactly what I wanted, but you have to use the guys source files and the resolution is only around 200x300. He also doesn't include the .fla file or any idea on what the code is or how to go about actually making it yourself. I e-mailed him in hopes of getting some answers. Regardless, I now have something to work with. Thanks.

5. Quote Originally Posted by cka View Post
    if you don't want to rely on flash, you can always do what I did for the featured articles thing here on tnl and use jQuery + image cycling plugin; it's bullshit easy to operate and you don't need to know anything about flash
    Agreed completely. jQuery is much more accessible and flexible for something simple like an image gallery than using Actionscript/Flash. Unless you're doing it for a Flash class or some shit like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.