Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Last House on the Left

1. The original is awful. One of the worst movies I've ever seen.

"All creatures will DIE, and all things will be BROKEN: That is the law of the SAMURAI."

2. I remember the director of Chaos being hilariously stupid and raving Uwe-style about how no one understood his genius and he was just too extreme for your face.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Giga Power View Post
    The original is awful. One of the worst movies I've ever seen.
    And it isn't the original either. I just watched The Virgin Spring and it is a considerably better movie than the wes craven thing.

4. Quote Originally Posted by adol View Post
    But Ebert loves Last House on the Left. Go figure.
    His new review for the remake sort of clarified that he liked it 30 years ago, but doesn't anymore.

5. I just watched LHOTL and love it! I love that it came out in 72, before any of the other Slasher Classics, it's uncomfortable to watch, the killers seem normal at first, then go over the top, then feel bad about what they've done, make you sympathize with them, then get slaughtered by the family in Epic Revenge fashion... and all the while in the background is inappropriate, slap-stick, keystone cop comedy. There is no other movie on the planet like Last House on the Left.

Haven't seen the remake.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

6. The slapstick cop part with the goofy soundtrack and the Cobra-kai sweep the leg dude deputy makes it a really strange watch.

I re watched the first and it wasn't as bad as I remembered. I bought this after not finishing it, but it bored me.