View Poll Results: What's your experience with the VIC-20?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • I own or have owned one

6 23.08%
  • I haven't owned a VIC-20 but I have played it

7 26.92%
  • I have never played a VIC-20

13 50.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Commodore VIC-20

Quote Originally Posted by StriderKyo
    But this thread prompted me to Wiki Epyx, and I was surprised to find out they were actually the ones who developed the Atari Lynx, and sold the rights to Atari because they couldn't afford to produce it.
    Epyx was an awesome company pretty much from beginning to end, both as a developer and a publisher. They were a big reason why I liked the Lynx more than the 7800. The guy who made Fargoal never completed making another game as far as I know, though.

2. The VIC-20 wasn't one of the first computers I'd played, but I do remember playing around with it at a friend's house. I remember playing Space Panic, messing with the tape drive and goofing around with one other game, but that's about it.

The first computer my family bought was a 16K TRS-80. Like the VIC-20, it had most of its software on a tape drive; I was never a fan of those tape devices.
    Last edited by gamevet; 02 Mar 2009 at 11:04 PM.

It was probably Apple Panic you played, a rip-off of Space Panic. I had Apple Panic although I remember the official Space Panic on Coleco being better.

4. Years ago, I owned one, but never played it aside from powering it up to see if it worked. (Radar Rat Race was the test cart). It sat in the closet until I traded it for something else.
    Until recently, I hated playing games on computers. Now I've amassed a C128, XEGS, Win 95, and Win 98 computer. I'll keep a look out for another Vic. Those screen shots look very decent.

5. Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    It was probably Apple Panic you played, a rip-off of Space Panic. I had Apple Panic although I remember the official Space Panic on Coleco being better.
    Yeah, I wasn't sure if it went by the name Apple Panic or not. I do remember playing the Coleco version, and it was much closer to the arcade game.