Page 1 of 9 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: A Boy and His Blob

1. A Boy and His Blob

For the Wii

From Joystiq.

Remember earlier today when we revealed the first image of A Boy and His Blob from Nintendo Power's exclusive story? Well, we lied a little bit when we said that the pixelated image you saw then wasn't going to be revealed until March 5. No folks, we got the full details (well, the first full page of details at least) early from our good buddies at Nintendo Power, and are happy to report that A Boy and His Blob looks to recreate all the enjoyment you had with the original.

Jellybean-related gameplay and the game's story are back for a second run in the Majesco-published, WayForward-developed Wii game and it's set to hit retailers this Fall, according to the NP piece. WayForward, known for recent WiiWare horror/puzzler LIT and technologically impressive Shantae for Game Boy Color, will be hand-drawing all the (yes, 2D) visuals. It's also adding to the original's defensive and puzzle-solving jellybeanery with beans that turn your blob into various offensive items (some examples given are anvil dropping and ground removing). If you want more details (and an interview with the game's director) you'll just have to wait until you get your grubby little mitts on the April issue of Nintendo Power.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NP240_BoyAndBlob.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	467.9 KB 
ID:	44172  

2. This could potentially be the greatest thing in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. Low already put it in the Wii thread. Oh well. Mine has a nice picture.

4. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    This could potentially be the greatest thing in the world.
    It is for the Wii, so there is 0% possibility that it will be anything other than shovelware.

5. If those are actual screens from the game, then this is full on awesome.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

6. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    It is for the Wii, so there is 0% possibility that it will be anything other than shovelware.
    Shanty-talk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

7. the power of a beautiful friendship will make this game the best.

8. Not my kind of thing, but that's a pretty inspired revamp of the art style. I hope it does well if for no other reason.
    -Kyo

The NES original never clicked with me despite being a big fan of Crane's earlier games. This new one looks awesome, much nicer than that cancelled DS sequel.

10. WayForward, known for recent WiiWare horror/puzzler LIT and technologically impressive Shantae for Game Boy Color, will be hand-drawing all the (yes, 2D) visuals.
    Contra 4, however, doesn't exist?