Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UPDATE: Cowboy Bebop movie voice actors confirmed! -- Bebop petition - please sign it

1. UPDATE: Cowboy Bebop movie voice actors confirmed! -- Bebop petition - please sign it

http://www.petitiononline.com/cbmp/petition.html

I know that petitions usually don't work, but please sign it anyway. It takes like 4 seconds.

- Kabuki

Summoner Guest

Re: Cowboy Bebop petition - please sign it

Originally posted by kabuki
    http://www.petitiononline.com/cbmp/petition.html

I know that petitions usually don't work, but please sign it anyway. It takes like 4 seconds.

- Kabuki
    I have a better idea -- instead of just throwing up online petitions that people will sign regardless of whether they really support it or not, why not try to start a letter-writing campagin or something? Real-life stuff carries more weight than online shit.

I'm just saying this becaause there are a lot of petitions that gathered up a lot of signatures, but when the product (say, Saint Tail for example) hit shelves, the sales were suprisingly poor (which is why these petitions "don't work" as you put it). I think companies are more interested in people who bother to show that they're willing to put their money where their mouth is than people who don't bother beyond taking four seconds to sign a petition...

That doesn't even begin to touch on some petitions such as the one that asked that the title of Tolkien's "The Two Towers" be changed in light of the 9/11 incident...

3. Good idea. I'll type up a nice letter tomorrow

- Kabuki

4. Who said Tristar isn't going to retain the original cast? After the exposure Bebop got on AS, they'd be stupid not to.

I'd rather sign a petition to replace David Lucas in GTO. He fits Spike, but he ain't Eikichi, that's for sure.

5. Uh... that petition is unneccesary. It was announced some time ago that they'd worked it out with Bandai to use the TV series cast. And no, I don't have a link

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

6. Originally posted by LordPerrin
    Uh... that petition is unneccesary. It was announced some time ago that they'd worked it out with Bandai to use the TV series cast. And no, I don't have a link
    Really ??
    Then I shall go file this one uner "My Bebop-loving friend is a dumbass."

- Kabuki

7. David Hayter does the voice for Spike.

8. Originally posted by Jimmy Carter
    David Hayter does the voice for Spike.
    I thought he did Solid Snake's voice...are you sure? The VA for Onizuka and Spike sound very similar...

9. Originally posted by Freeter

I thought he did Solid Snake's voice...are you sure? The VA for Onizuka and Spike sound very similar...
    Spike's voice actor was NOT David Hayter.

David LUCAS was the VA for Spike, Onizuka, Shishio from Kenshin, and others.

10. You are correct, I am very, very sorry. I just checked the credits and you're right. I had actually been told by a friend that Spike was voiced by Hayter and some of the vocal mannerisms were the same, so I thought it was him without verifying. Sorry about that.