Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Boost Mobile Any Good?

1. That's painful.

2. I got an intelligent Verzion chick on the phone and she fixed my bill. I'm no longer mad.

3. It's hit or miss. I've had both good and bad expriences but Verizon has signal everywhere in NYC.

4. How much are Helio plans though? And besides, isn't Helio merged with Virgin Mobile now? I have their service and I HATE it.

5. Helio is on sprints network, so in other words, shit.

I wouldn't tout Pantech as something good either...

And protip for anyone who calls Verizon for anything... First question you ask the person who answers your call. "Are you in-house or outsourced".

in-house = Verizon employee.
    outsource = some random cunt who works for a sub-contractor.
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

6. I've been considering getting Boost Mobile just because a flat rate is better than adding on plans from Verizon.

7. Helio uses Sprint AND Verizon. I've rarely had a problem. The Pantech Ocean is a fun phone, too. Outside of a random glitch here and there, standard for rushed technology like cell phones, I ahven't had a problem.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I've been considering getting Boost Mobile just because a flat rate is better than adding on plans from Verizon.
    $50 bucks a month for everything is attractive, yeah. With Verizon I'm paying $39.99 a month for 450 minutes (unlimited nights and weekends), $5 for 250 texts a month (which is a rip-off), and $9.99 a month for unlimited VZ Navigator (totally worth it, VZ Nav is amazing). So, we have a total of 54.99, not including taxes and shit. All told, I'm paying about $75 a month, assuming I don't go over on minutes or text (which I usually don't).

However, I read into Boost, and their service is just okay. Call quality is good, but you only get decent signals near major cities. Web surfing is slow, and their best cell is an upgraded version of the RAZR called the i9. In other words, it's outdated. None of their phones even have QWERTY keyboards (which my LG Voyager has spoiled me on). Still, $50 flat rate is $50...I haven't made up my mind yet.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

9. Do you work for a decent sized company? Verizon gives out the corporate discounts like Razor's mom gives it away to passing truckers.

15 to 20% off is pretty common.
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin