Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is Boost Mobile Any Good?

1. Hmm. I should have thought of that before I got laid off.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 09 Apr 2009 at 07:43 PM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

2. Bumping (thx Dole).

Anyone on TNL actually using Boost? I'm really liking the idea of no contract. I don't need anything ultra fancy. I'm probably the last guy on this board who would ever buy an iPhone or a similar device.
    2009 TNL Fantasy Football Champion

3. When I was doing research, I read responses from users (not on TNL) that either LOVED it or HATED it. There was no in-between. Weird.

They should have a coverage map on their website. Check it out and see how it is near you.

Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

4. Also, Helio doesn't exist anymore, really. Sprint bought Virgin that bought Helio. Disregard anything I've said about them, as the confusion seems to have made their service occasionally drop calls and the internet to randomly not work.

Still damn good for what I pay for it, though.

5. I just read that, as of January 2010, Boost released three new phones that use Sprint's CDMA network (as opposed to Nextel's iDEN network). So far, according to the word on some cell phone forums, the difference is night and day (concerning coverage, texting, and epecially data speed). That said, I'm once again starting to seriously consider switching from Verizon to Boost, especially since the new CDMA phones also use the $50 unlimited talk/text/web plan. Any thoughts?

6. Well, it depends man. Are you a lexus guy (att/verizon)? Willing to pay a bit more for a better service provider? I have an I-phone for personal use and a Storm for work. Both work expectionally well and I just stroll in and have them update it for me every few months. However combined my cell bills + wifes are over 350 dollars a month.

OR are you okay rolling around in a 1998 tercel. Functionally it's the same as a lexus but it's got noticably more issues and looks dated. 50 bucks a month flat rate sounds like a trap to me but if you're saving cash and it works, it was a good gamble.

7. Do you know Kim Inman?

8. Eh, you know, I still have over a year in my Verizon contract. I'll see how Boost is doing when it's up.

I looked into Metro PCS recently; their shops are popping up all over the place around here. Their plans may be cheaper, but I was hesitant to use a device that was so compromised in quality and coverage. The rates may be a bit higher, but I am satisfied with what I ended up with.