Thread: Sita Sings the Blues

1. Sita Sings the Blues

Nina Paley, a cartoonist I've always liked, made a movie. It's called Sita Sings the Blues and I've heard nothing but good about it. Ebert really liked it, at any rate. Thing is, Nina Paley is on this whole anti-copyright thing, so the movie is being released free in all formats ranging from streaming web quality to full hd and even film-stock quality. The 480p version is available now but I'm waiting for the 1080i or 1080p version (whichever) to hit in a few days.

James
    Last edited by James; 03 Mar 2009 at 01:59 AM.

2. Seems pretty cool. DLing now, will definitely check out. I think the g/f will get a kick out of it too, thx.

3. http://www.mininova.org/tor/2342563

1080p torrent is up, for those who are interested. It's mp4, though, which if I remember right doesn't play well with the PS3/360.

James
    Last edited by James; 06 Mar 2009 at 04:23 AM.

4. I finally downloaded the 720p cut of this to watch, plan on doing that this weekend.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

5. This looks cool - I'll have to watch it
    Say you like it/Say you need it/When you don't
    Looking better/Shining brighter/Than you do

6. Did anyone else watch this? It took me a bit to get into it but once things got rolling I really enjoyed the movie. The story is strong and the art is very cleverly animated, which makes up for its budget limitations quite nicely.

James

7. I've been meaning to, I just haven't had the time yet. I'll try to fit it in today.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.