Thread: My Big Score

1. My Big Score

So I have lots of comics. Most of which haven't been read in a long time. Well I've been rereading stuff and while I still enjoy Grendel I found that I did not at all enjoy the very first black and white ones. These fuckers are worth money so today I wanted to trade them in for some comics I would enjoy better. I called all over twon and nobody wanted to do any kind of trading even after I told them what I had. Ign'ant imo. Anyhow, I finally called this one place in my neighborhood that I forgot about and the dude said he'd give me store credit. Great that's all I wanted.

So I went there and without hesitating he said he'd give me a hundred in trade. Done and DONE. So I got everything in the pic which totalled $108 and he said "fuck it, just have it". OMFG I am stoked.

The Popeye hardcover gave me instant feelings of glee. I have always been a fan but have never owned any of Segar's stuff. This will be a treat for sure.

One of my biggest "new discoveries" is Gil Hernandez' Palomar arcs of Love and Rockets. Back in the dizay these comics were marketed almost entirely around Jaime's punk rock type stories and I just wasn't interested at all. So now like 20+ years later I'm getting into this shit deeply. The Palomar stuff is so good that I went ahead and got some Los Bros and Jaime shit just to see. And I had no idea there was a NEW Palomar book!!!! I'm also psyched about this.

Mister X is something I stumbled on when I was about 15 or 16 and I just loved it instantly. The movie Dark City reminds me alot of Mr X for some reason. Anyhow I was overjoyed to see a new Mr X book on the shelf so I snagged it up. Do I need to tell you that I'm STOKED?!

The guy at the shop seemed to be pretty much right on my same page so when he recommended that Tales to Thrizzle one I said "what the hay". It looks to be right up my street.

This is probably the best day I've had a comic shop since I was in my mid teens. YAY COMICS!

btw, I saw no "haul" type thread in this section of the forum so if I've bungled it please treat me harshly like only TNL can
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	comix.JPG 
Views:	343 
Size:	513.3 KB 
ID:	44485  

2. Good stuff man. I've got a whole shit load of comics I'd kinda like to ditch, but there are very few comic shops around here

3. I have thousands of comics I should ditch but like Pacrappa, most shops around here don't want to be bothered with singles and I don't want to be bothered with eBay.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    and I don't want to be bothered with eBay.
    Me three. What was once like finding free money has become an epic pain in the neck. I have been liking Craig's List lately though. I just sold some garbage software for $75. I got paid seventy five one dollar bills! That's class

5. A stripper bought the stuff from you?