Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TS's Top Ten Game Musics

1. This thread is chock full of win. One of my absolute favorite songs in a game ever came during Final Fantasy 3 (or 6, whatever) when the mechs are walking toward Narshe in the beginning of the game.
    I honestly recorded that with my tape recorder so I could listen to it whenever I wanted to, and I used to use it to go to sleep almost every night for several years.
    To this day that shit makes me smile, I love it.

2. I can't believe I was so late with this.

POKEY MEANS BUSINESS.

Starts off all 8-Bit which made me smile, then it was like owat?

3. Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    This thread is chock full of win.
    QFT

I've always been a fan of this track from the original Suikoden, for some reason I really dig this sound.

"Remember, not knowing how to cook is like not knowing how to fuck."
    Geek in the Desert

4. Hot Like Wasabi, that's Neclord's theme, one that was made about an infinite times more awesome in Suikoden II, when you fight Neclord again. There's nothing in the rest of the game that sounds remotely like it, namely because it's done by the Kukeiha group, who did some of the old NES Castlevania tracks.

Last edited by George; 23 Mar 2009 at 12:25 AM.

5. The overworld music in Chrono Cross kills anything ever written for a videogame.
    Boo, Hiss.

That's a funny way to misspell "the title music in Turrican II."

7. While installing Linux on the PS3 I decided to pass time playing DKC2 on the Wii, got to Bramble Blast and remembered when I was younger at my friend's moms apartment (Now the same complex I'm living at), it had been snowing, we went sledding on the golf course and stayed up all night playing this.

8. The ending BGM from Turrican 1 (Amiga) is quite simply knock-the-wind-out-of-you awesome. Chris Hulsbeck does not disappoint. Ever.

POSSIBLE SPOILER WARNING: The last boss fight and the game's ending appear in this video.

Well, there is the music from Grand Monster Slam. It isn't so much bad as out of place, as it feels odd for a game about kicking cute monsters at a goal to have such epic fanfare music:

10. I've always liked the music the plays during the ending credits for FFIV. I remember playing through the last battle again and again just to hear that tune as a kid.