Page 1 of 39 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: OnLive

OnLive

2. Knew it was coming someday. This is the shit that sony and microsoft will buy, implement for classic system gaming, and let die on on the vine.

Water powered car anyone?

3. Seriously fucking awesome. Like the article says, if this really works as well as advertised and more publishers get on board this will be 100% game changing (no pun intended). It was really only a matter of time before a streamlined method of cloud computing came out to support high end gaming, but I sure as hell never thought it would come this soon. Very awesome and very impressive news indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

This is the next best hope for a universal platform. Sony and Microsoft can suck a dick. I hope they both miss the boat.

5. I love it.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi
    This is the next best hope for a universal platform.
    PC gaming in general has always been the best opportunity to establish a universal platform. There have just been too many variables to take into account that have prevented it from ever becoming that. This system really takes every hardware and distribution issue (though distribution is far less of an issue now with Steam), throws them on a server, and doesn't require a thing from the user. That's pretty damn universal if you ask me!
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

Yeah, until the licensing douchebags get involved. I can't wait for Microsoft to try to drive IE as the only browser that can play certain games and similar bullshit.

8. And then sony to just swear by it's console and ignore it all together.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi
    I can't wait for Microsoft to try to drive IE as the only browser that can play certain games and similar bullshit.
    Here's hoping OnLive will drive those types of requirements and not the publishers. Otherwise yeah, I could see something like that happening.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

10. This is a really neat idea but I can't see how this will ever be a good substitute unless we have some massive improvements in network latency, not to mention the low resolution.