Thread: media solution

media solution

OK! Does this make sense!

I want to take http://www.lacie.com/products/product.htm?pid=11053 and have it hard wired to my router and then connected to this via usb. I have a 1080p version of Total Recall and I'm sick of not being able to watch it. the 360 is a weak ass medial player... Time for a change.

I'm not dealing with swapping cables every time I want to manage the files on the HD is this the solution?

My other idea was a Time Capsule because of the MobileMe integration, but I don't think I'd be able to connect it to the WDTV. Anyone have any insight/experience?

2. whatever you decide, you should buy monster brand cable to hook it all together

3. This is news I can believe in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

5. Quick trying to hack shit together and just make an HTPC. Otherwise don't bother.

6. Do you already have the WD? If not, you can get the networked version of a popcorn hour, and skip that ethernet dealy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyne View Post
    Quick trying to hack shit together and just make an HTPC. Otherwise don't bother.
    I looked into the cost vs benefit of a HTPC and I feel like, for me, this hacked shit is the best way to go. I WILL NOT build a computer anyway. I've become the typical macintosh user over the past four years and I can't be bothered with that buying/building/troubleshooting suckathon anymore. I can't justify the cost of a prebuilt HTPC at the moment, and I don't need/want to play games or internet on my tv.
    Quote Originally Posted by OGcritic View Post
    Do you already have the WD? If not, you can get the networked version of a popcorn hour, and skip that ethernet dealy.
    I totally forgot about popcorn hour. Thanks! I feel like this is the winning answer.

8. Yeah, the WD has everything else going for it, especially cost/compatibility but they really need to make a networked version.