Page 1 of 17 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Zelda: Spirit Tracks

1. Nintendo DS Zelda: Spirit Tracks

YAY! Zelda takes on a wild west flavor! Judging by the trailer the even hired Naruke and Kouda to do the music ya!

I know this was already brought up in the DS thread but I have another question instead.

I bring this up to ask why a developer will add a feature that wasn't terribly popular (i.e. the sailing in WW) and then go back to something only slightly different. Sort of like the way in Soul Calibur 3 every one was pissed that the characters lost tons of moves, so what did Namco do? Took even more moves away and added uneeded shit in 4. Are dev's thinking that if they push an idea long enough it will become a good and well received idea?
    Last edited by Bojack; 28 Mar 2009 at 10:34 PM.

http://www.fvza.org/index.html

2. I actually enjoyed the sailing parts of WW. Having said that, the sailing in Phantom Hourglass was much different and the added salvage mini-game was fun as hell. I loved PH and I am really looking forward to this new DS game.

3. You know, Phantom Hourglass wasn't terrible or anything, but I really hate how no one will ever tell Nintendo they were wrong about anything. The touch screen controls work, but they DON'T make the game more accessible to casual gamers, and they AREN'T as good as traditional control.

Nintendo is like one of those celebrities that gets so famous no one around them will tell them when they're being an asshole anymore. Like how Steve Martin puts out banjo albums and his sycophant friends just let him embarrass himself. Or when Joe Pesci put out that rap album.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 29 Mar 2009 at 12:48 AM.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    You know, Phantom Hourglass wasn't terrible or anything, but I really hate how no one will ever tell Nintendo they were wrong about anything. The touch screen controls work, but they DON'T make the game more accessible to casual gamers, and they AREN'T as good as traditional control.

Nintendo is like one of those celebrities that gets so famous no one around them will tell them when they're being an asshole anymore. Like how Steve Martin puts out an album with one cd of comedy and one cd of banjo music and his sycophant friends just let him embarrass himself.
    This isn't just a Nintendo problem. It's endemic to a variety of companies and franchises. Lots of people would kill for a real SotN or Rondo sequel and what do we get? More half ass DS Metroidvanias and a fucking fighting game. I guess the real question is, have developers gotten really stupid and lazy all of a sudden or is it just me?

5. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Nintendo is like one of those celebrities that gets so famous no one around them will tell them when they're being an asshole anymore.
    I think people have been telling Nintendo that they're being assholes. It's just that they're making so much money that they don't really care if they're being assholes.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Nash View Post
    I think people have been telling Nintendo that they're being assholes. It's just that they're making so much money that they don't really care if they're being assholes.
    I mean no one is telling them with their wallets.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    I mean no one is telling them with their wallets.
    Oh, that's an easy one: People are dumb.

I haven't bought a Nintendo product since Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess on the Gamecube.

How is this shit thread not locked, and how could anyone think a marriage between Cellda and Wild Arms could be a good thing?

9. Yeah go ahead and lock it. I don't even know why I made it now. The game mechanic is a gay idea for Zelda and such. I guess it was just some irrational grumbling over the game's retarded premise or something similarly Gamefaqish.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    You know, Phantom Hourglass wasn't terrible or anything, but I really hate how no one will ever tell Nintendo they were wrong about anything. The touch screen controls work, but they DON'T make the game more accessible to casual gamers, and they AREN'T as good as traditional control.
    This is true. I'm slowly plodding away at PH knowing the whole time if it had non-touch controls it would be much easier. Actually, let me rephrase that. It's still not a difficult game by any means, I just hate getting hit and/or dying because a touch screen can't tell when I want to roll or pick something up.