Thread: KRAZY! The Delirious World of Anime + Manga + Video Games

KRAZY! The Delirious World of Anime + Manga + Video Games

Hey, the Japan Society in NYC has an exhibition going on March 13 to June 14 with a ton of stuff. There is also a Cosplay Party on March 28. I'm going to go check it out and take pics.

You can view a pdf of everything in the exhibition through that first link.

Also:

Anime Film Screenings
    The anime films that are featured in KRAZY! will be shown full-length in the recently upgraded—with digital projectors and 5.1 surround sound—auditorium at the Japan Society. The films that will be shown are:

Katsuhiro Otomo’s classic, Akira (1988); Masaaki Yuasa's Mind Game (2004); Satoshi Kon’s, Paprika (2006); Patlabor 2: The Movie, by Mamoru Oshii (1993); The Place Promised in Our Early Days (2004), by Makoto Shinkai; and Super Dimension Fortress Macross: Episode 9, 17, 18, and 27 (1982-83), designed by Ichiro Itano.

Screenings will begin Saturday, March 14 and will continue until June 14, 2009. Viewing times are Friday: 3:00 to 9:00 pm; Saturday and Sunday: 11:00 to 5:00 pm in the Japan Society Auditorium.
    Admission is $10 for the exhibition; tour included if you want it. Except Friday evenings when it's FREE to all.

Admission to the Cosplay Party on March 28 is also $10 and includes admission to the exhibition, but I believe you have to get tickets in advance.

Description of event:

Admission to the Cosplay Party includes:

* Classic anime film screenings - clips from Akira, Mind Game, Super Dimension Fortress Macross, Paprika, and more!
    * Music from DJ VDRK and a special performance from Reni singing songs in Harajuku and Akihabara style!
    * A costume competition with prizes from Kinokuniya Bookstore and Manga Entertainment!
    * FREE entrance to the KRAZY! exhibition featuring original Manga artwork, hundreds of manga to read, an environment by cutting-edge architectural practice Atelier Bow-Wow, and playable video games!

Those without a costume are welcome to attend, to observe, and to cheer on their friends.
    Last edited by Scourge; 22 Mar 2009 at 11:53 AM.

Apparently this is the chick that's performing during the Cosplay Party:

You have to watch that video in full to get the whole range of her brilliance.lol

3. looks like fun. I wish i lived in NYC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Shake
    Look, Yes. I have banged hundreds of broads...internationally. But know this, I wrap my rascal 2 times. 'Cause I like it to be joyless and without sensation, as a way of punishing super-models.

4. Gay.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    Apparently this is the chick that's performing during the Cosplay Party:

You have to watch that video in full to get the whole range of her brilliance.lol
    wow
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Shake
    Look, Yes. I have banged hundreds of broads...internationally. But know this, I wrap my rascal 2 times. 'Cause I like it to be joyless and without sensation, as a way of punishing super-models.