Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To Catch an Art Thief

1. To Catch an Art Thief

Long story short, I found out some little cunt that I knew in high school has been posting some of my sketches online and saying they are his. He habitually traces other artists' work as well, but thats so common and pointless to try to stop that I didn't care before. Now I do care, and want to gather as much evidence as possible to expose him for what he is.

Below is one of his pictures (this isn't one of mine that he stole). I'm trying to get examples of what he has traced in this picture as part of my campaign to burn the little fucker down. I know the blonde is Nina from Breath of Fire III, but haven't found a picture that matches exactly. He most likely took her body from a different picture since he is too unskilled to draw like that. The others, especially the girl on the far left, are traced from stuff I'm sure I've seen before but can't put my finger on. I recognize the styles and poses. Of course some elements were changed for this picture, like the santa costumes.

What I'm asking is for any of you guys to speak up if you know sources for these figures. You don't even have to do the digging yourself, just an artist's name or game name will do if you have a hunch.

Thanks in advance if you can help me!

2 GET GUD @ OVERWATCH + SWIGGITYSIX#1322

2. Advice: keep drawing new shit and don't worry about it. He'll be copying your old shit in three years, and you won't even recognize your work from that period anymore.

Unless he's making money on your work.

In that case, paint his ass blue and sell him at the docks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. He isn't just copying my work, he's directly posting drawings of mine that he obtained through theft.

I also have reason to believe he used my work in his portfolio when applying to college.

We have some friends in common, friends he has been feeding bullshit to, and I would like to embarrass him as much as possible.
    2 GET GUD @ OVERWATCH + SWIGGITYSIX#1322

4. Well, that's gonna happen. If you really are better than he is, just keep putting out better work.

OMG MAH COPYRITES is just silly shit, don't stoop to that nonsense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

5. That bitch on the left has three titties.

6. Quote Originally Posted by cigsthecat View Post
    That bitch on the left has three titties.
    STOLEN FROM TOTAL RECALL!!!!!11
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

7. Why can't he draw a smooth curved line? Why is everything like 3 - 5 straight lines to define a curve?
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    Why can't he draw a smooth curved line? Why is everything like 3 - 5 straight lines to define a curve?

Because he doesn't want it to look like he traced it?

9. No idea of inking?

This guy is behaving poorly, but the work looks like he's a scrub and until he's taking over your turf he's harmless. Talk to him about it and call him out in a public place, like DeviantArt or wherever scrubs like him congregate. Just don't be a bitch about it, I was following a classmate of mine have it out over livejournal because the infringer was making icons without labeling them and she was stealing her publicity and making her lose sales and whatever naggy bullshit. Don't be that kind of artist.

10. Think about it this way - anyone who is in the job of staring at art all day can tell this guy isn't even good. Not to mention that if he continues to think stealing other drawings or tracing is any way to advance, he'll be in for a harsh wake up call.

Essentially, becoming a better artist is all about constant learning, practice, and application. Stealing just makes you look like you know what you're doing. Which serves zero purpose in becoming a strong artist but all the function of stroking one's ego.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.