Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2456

Thread: Yu Suzuki steps down from R&D position.

1. Quote Originally Posted by StriderKyo
    Suzuki was a visionary with the single most uncompromising and hardcore design philosophy I've ever seen. A lot of his games aren't "fun" per se, they're about total mastery and doing things you didn't think you could physically do - overcoming those challenges uncovers layer after layer of hidden depth which provide their own unique type of enjoyment. Akira in VF, F-355 Challenge, those are his design hallmarks to me, when he and his stye had become fully developed into some kind of hardcore demanding gaming zen master.
    This is a trait that you see in most good arcade-focused developers, I think. And Suzuki was awfully good at it.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Tain View Post
    This is a trait that you see in most good arcade-focused developers, I think. And Suzuki was awfully good at it.
    I think things like Akira in VF take it to a level that most don't. F-355 is barely even playable without a good amount of practice.
    -Kyo

3. Does this mean I can hang up my hopes of ever seeing a Hang-On sequel?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

4. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Does this mean I can hang up my hopes of ever seeing a Hang-On sequel?
    They already did an awesome one:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hangon95-f.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	15.8 KB 
ID:	44906  
    -Kyo

5. Was there an Enduro Racer sequel? Love that old arcade game.

6. It wasn't officially related, but Stadium Cross was pretty close. It's in MAME if you want to try it out.