Page 1 of 261 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2009 Major League Baseball Season Thread

1. Official 2009 Major League Baseball Season Thread

Ok baseball fans...the season officially starts tonight at 8pm with the Atlanta Braves taking on the defending champion Philadelphia Phillies.

Its a time for optimism and a time of no god damn collapses. Personally I'm psyched to see if the New York Metropolitans can get over their September demons and finish the job. Frankie Rodgriguez scares me but I think he'll do well enough as will JJ Putz, Sean Green and the rest of the revamped Mets bullpen. ...sure as hell can't get any worse than last season <shudder>

ok..prediction time.

NL

East: Mets
    Central: Cubs
    West: Giants
    Wildcard: Reds

AL

East: Red Sox
    Central: Twins
    West: Angels
    Wildcard: Yankees

Playoffs

ALDS: Red Sox over Twins, Yankees over Angels
    ALCS: Red Sox over Yankees

NLDS: Mets over Reds, Cubs over Giants
    NLCS: Mets over Cubs

World Series

Mets over Red Sox in 7 games when a ball goes through Big Papi's legs at first base and the winning run scores for the Mets.

2. went to citifield today. approve.

seen the mets rotation this spring. disapprove.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

3. If you told me ESPN were to make Sunday Night Baseball worse I would say that is hardly possible, but they have done it by adding Steve Phillips to the booth.

I got a good first impression of Winfield on Baseball Tonight, other than him picking the Yankees to win the East.

4. The Wifebeater is getting has ass kicked. LAWL

Jordan Schafer with his first major league homer in his first ever at bat. He's a kid to watch.

5. Good game so far. Myers is getting rocked and it's always fun to see Philly loose.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

6. GAH...its difficult to see Derek Lowe in a Braves uniform. I'm so used to him being on the Dodgers. He was one of the most consistent pitchers on the team the last few years, so he will be missed.

4-0 Braves right now too. Lowe should have this game in the bag now

7. i can't enjoy braves-phils games

i just want the earth to open up and swallow both teams and that godforsaken park
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

8. That Lincecum commercial was pretty cool. His delivery in the little league footage is exactly the same as his delivery now.

9. Yeah the Lincecum commercial was cool. Its way better than that creepy video game commercial he is in.

10. Does his giant rendered dong make you uncomfortable?