Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dragon Ball Kai

1. But what will happen to the Fake Namek saga?!

2. Namek saga itself wasn't fake, it was the journey where they landed on a planet they thought was namek which was a filler. This site has all the known filler in DBZ.

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Filler

3. What happened to that Eva re-animation thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. The new movies? They're coming. 2.0 is due to hit theaters over here in June.
    Last edited by bbobb; 17 Apr 2009 at 01:40 PM.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

5. Ahhhh gotcha. I was not sure if those had come and gone already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

6. Just finished the Vegeta saga. This series flows so much goddamn better now and the fights actually start to take on some of the excitement again that they gave when I was 15. They added a bunch of new animation into the last episode (probably due to damaged cels) and even though it was drawn in the classic style it still looks so much better than the remastered frames.

Shame they seem to have finished making these with the end of the Cell saga, I kind of wanted to see if recutting the footage could make the Majin Buu saga watchable.

7. They need to just go ahead and make a new series of this with Toriyama involved.

8. That would be nice, but I'm not sure Toriyama would want to. He considers Dragonball Online to be the canon continuation of the series: go go Korean MMOs.

I'm over halfway through the Namek saga now with the Ginyu Force about to show up, but even when edited down the first half of this section is still pretty bleh. Three different groups all trying to play keep-away and purposefully plotting just to get on each other's nerves, how annoying. As long as the whole Bulma/frog thing isn't a major subplot again (or preferably cut out entirely) I'll probably enjoy Ginyu. They cut out everything except the bare essentials with Yajirobe, the TV crews, and the non-combatants watching the fight during the Saiyan saga which was a godsend, so I'm hoping we lose all the baggage here too.

I guess I need to watch this, being named after one of the characters and all. This shit on Hulu or Netflix or anything?

10. Netflix kinda sorta somewhat has the DVDs released in America so far, but no instant view. This site looks to have them all, though I used torrents for 720p goodness.

Well, they're missing episode 98, which didn't get aired on TV and won't be released until the DVDs come out in Japan (if they haven't yet).