Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dragon Ball Kai

1. I caught this on TV the other day, had a good laugh at blue Mr. Popo.

2. Once Goku and the Ginyu Force finally showed up the rest of the Namek saga was decent if still drawn out, but fucking shit the Freeza fight still goes on forever. I wouldn't mind it nearly as much if new stuff was happening all the time, but the second half of the 13 or so episode battle has a shitload of repeating dialogue and taunts. At least during the early stages it's pretty quick as each form only lasts 1-2 episodes, but even sticking more to the manga there's a good few hours that need to be removed.

I had also forgotten just how terribly fanfiction-esque the whole return of Freeza and introduction of Trunks was. Yeesh.

No way that part's awesome.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

4. There's a new movie coming out this month? What the shit.

It'll be the first DB movie getting a theatrical release in 17 years. Sometimes I forget how old this series is.

While looking that up I also stumbled across news from November of last year that they are, in fact, continuing Kai. Excite.

5. Finished off the Cell saga just to have it done, as we stopped watching Kai during the android nonsense. It's a million times better than the original but man do they still spend a lot of time just standing around and not doing anything. This series could stand to have a no-nonsense recut done, and it would probably be like 1/4 of the length of Kai.

I had totally forgotten about the stuff that happens after Gohan went SS2, so it was actually kind of fresh for me again.

It always bugged me that Gohan was so awesome at the end of the Cell saga then went back to being so-so afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    It always bugged me that Gohan was so awesome at the end of the Cell saga then went back to being so-so afterwards.
    It wasn't his fault! He was trying to do what his mom wanted!
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

8. I want to say it was something about Toriyama trying to make Gohan into the new main character but fans bitched about the lack of Goku so that ended up going nowhere.

I'm going with Mzo's reasoning. That bitch is scary.

10. I still say the Buu saga was all self- satirical and out of frustration with the fans and publisher's desires. I've got nothing to back me up besides KEEN LOGIC