Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: XBox - Morrowind - Crashes?

1. XBox - Morrowind - Crashes?

Anyone having problems with Morrowind crashing on them?

It happened to me once when I was out in Gnaar Mok, during the middle of a fight. Screen goes black, then a little while later a msg. "Your disc may be dirsty or damaged."

It hadn't happened since so I wasn't concerned. But tonight it crashed twice within 30 minutes, while I was exploring Vivec.

Anyone else having problems?

2. i got that with a few rental games... wasn't even all that scratched either...

possibly your xbox lens is dirty?

3. It's never crashed before.

The disc has no scratches whatsoever.

I put it in the machine when I bought it, and it hasn't left since.

I really hope others are having this problem. I'll wait to hear what people say until I start worrying about my equipment too badly.

4. Go to www.morrowind.com forum. and put your fears to rest. Yes, other people are having similar problems. A minority, but you're not the only one. My PC version used to crash at least once a day, but since the patch it's down to twice every week.

Also, I've had errors on my Xbox when playing games or DVDs already. Even gotten the 'This Xbox must be serviced' error three times. I just shut it off and try again, then it works fine.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

5. Hey

Yeah man, I've got that damn error 4 times this week alone. It is always when I'm near Dwarven or Daedric ruins, anything with crazy architecture. It always happens when I go into my subscreen & flip to the world map. Always the same damn way. I'm just gonna stop using my map around ruins. =( I have also taken to saving my game REALLY often. It really speaks for the quality of the content for me to be able to overlook this shit.

JM

Originally posted by Ammadeau
    Also, I've had errors on my Xbox when playing games or DVDs already. Even gotten the 'This Xbox must be serviced' error three times. I just shut it off and try again, then it works fine.
    Did you remember to defrag the hard drive and to run scandisk?

7. Originally posted by Yoshi
    Did you remember to defrag the hard drive and to run scandisk?
    Every chance you get, eh Yoshi ??

But you have a point, this kind of stuff (system and game crashes) shouldn't happen...

- Kabuki

8. Happened to me twice now. The last time pissed me off the worst. I was inside of a tower, can't recall which one, and I had set my sneak to build up on auto. I took a short nap, and when I woke, frozen screen. Never gotten the "This disc may be dirty or damaged" warning, but I have gotten the "Warning: We don't know how to make a console." one a couple of times.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

9. And this is why hard drives in games systems are bad, and I will never buy an xbox or the ps2 HD add on.
    "The only way microsoft would make something that doesn't suck is if they made vacuums"

10. ive owned an XBox for about a month now, and Morrowind since its release, i have not had one crash.

and to PSX, the PS2 does not have a harddrive and i had both Ridge Racer 5 and Tekken Tag crash on me, with RR5 it happened twice, so that puts your hard drive theory to rest.
    -----------------------
    http://www.gamegen.com/fightgen/dhalsim-yyy.gif
    -----------------------