Page 1 of 20 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Assassin's Creed 2

Assassin's Creed 2

2. I liked the first game enough and on the pc it looks great. I really wish there were more things to do in those nice looking cities. Hopefully thats something that'll be improved upon in the sequel (if they keep the same general gameplay).

3. If they change the formula from the last one, I'm going to be pissed. AC was an amazing game.

Edit. After seeing the teaser, it looks they're at least keeping things looking old with their Renaissance period theme.
    Last edited by Type Ryan; 06 Apr 2009 at 05:04 PM.
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

I suspect they'll be showing it at E3. It is supposed to come out this fall, after all.

I liked Assassin's Creed quite a bit. Here's hoping that, since they have the mechanics down, that they focus more on gameplay variety for this outing.

5. I thought Assassin's Creed was very MEH. It looked great, but the fighting mechanics were horrible, and it didn't help that I played it after Mirror's Edge. Which did freestyle running/parkour gameplay how this game should have. I really hope this one expands on what the first one did, because I thought it had such potential. The sandbox just wasn't large enough for what they wanted to accomplish.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

The first game got it half right so I have some faith. The art direction kicked ass and I liked the controls for scaling buildings but they didn't provide enough variety in the tasks to justify the large city areas or the game's length. It got way too repetitive.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Brand X View Post
    it didn't help that I played it after Mirror's Edge. Which did freestyle running/parkour gameplay how this game should have.
    I played AC first, and I still feel the same way. As soon as I played ME I was like "This is what I wanted AC to be like!" Let me actually do all that cool shit, not hold the "Do cool shit" button and watch him do it automatically.

Assassin's Creed was not a bad game, but it was not a great game either. Most of the appeal was in the fantastically detailed environments, but the gameplay itself allowed for precious little in the way of imagination. The appeal of Sandbox gameplay is in how many ways there are to do things as well as in the subtleties of what can be done, not simply in the freedom of physical movement.

I'll play another AC, but like most people here I'm hoping they work on some of its shortcomings.

8. I didn't have any issues with the first game and loved it. If they maintain the production values and add a bit more to the gameplay, I can't see how this could not be an amazing game. Raptor-leaping on bitches with my knife was awesome.

9. The first game is the very definition of repetition. Looks great but really needs to make the game play more varied and smarter AI where you are scared to be chased instead of bored.

10. If the game plays like the first game but removes the boring as fuck all repetition it will be good.

Also as mentioned, the combat could use some improvement as well.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.