Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51517181920 LastLast

Thread: Assassin's Creed 2

1. I haven't tried multi yet. lmk when you want to go on the hunt and I'll show up.

2. Decided I needed to take a break from RPGs and thought I'd give this series another try. I've only put in a few hours but I like it. Wish there was more control over the parkour though. I've died a couple of times because I meant to do this but the game made me do that. But since the only punishment for death is a 15 second reload, whatevs.

3. I am still burnout from AC1. It is my OCD to collect all the stupid flags. Never again.

4. AC 2 has a decent claim to being the best in the series (although I liked AC4 an awful lot). A huge improvement over 1, and still the best story line and presentation in the series. I thought the glyphs/puzzles were really well presented and gave a cool backdrop to the story development...I was disappointed that they didn't find their way into the subsequent iterations. Yes, the parkour is pretty damned janky...this is AC after all.
    "Fiends! Animals! Bastards!"

5. I think Brotherhood and 4 are the best. Shame any kind of story spiraled into outer space.

6. 4 was a great game. They really should make another one of those someday.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

7. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    I think Brotherhood and 4 are the best.
    This man speaks the truth. As good as 2 is, Brotherhood tells a better story and finally turns you loose in Rome. 4 is definitely the high point of the series for me, batshit "real world" bits and all.

I do wish the actual assassinations in later games played out more like those in the first. As boring as everything else was, stalking your prey and choosing the best possible place and moment to strike was pretty exhilarating.

8. 2 and Unity (post patches) are the best in the series for me. I couldn't stand all the sailing in IV, it felt like a chore to do shit. Unity has some really great assassination moments, while not as open ended as say 1, it was much closer to that than any of the last few installments.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

9. I haven't played 3 or Unity yet. I think 3 gets pooped on the most now.

10. Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    4 was a great game. They really should make another one of those someday.
    Did you try AC Rogue?

Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    2 and Unity (post patches) are the best in the series for me. I couldn't stand all the sailing in IV, it felt like a chore to do shit. Unity has some really great assassination moments, while not as open ended as say 1, it was much closer to that than any of the last few installments.
    The sailing was TERRIBLE in ACIII, though. Janky and tedious. Anti-fun. That was the only game on the series that I just ran through and skipped most of the extra stuff. It had to end.

I'm surprised the improved sailing in IV didn't grab ya. It's even better if you just forget you're an assassin and treat it like a pirate game!