Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1323252627

Thread: Man of Steel

Watched it. Thought it was pretty good. It was nice to see supes fight something with super powers. There is too much superman shit out there where they write him like batman (good guy has to out think the bad guy, with some punches and fighting for good measure).

The collateral damage didn't bother me. IRL, that shit would happen. The alternative would be convenient writing. Making battles conveniently take place in uninhabited places. You know, some dragonball z shit, where ALL fights take place in a big open wildness or desert. Besides, it is easy to write it off and assume that Superman used his super senses to try to take the fight to places that didn't have people. Sure, the buildings probably fell on people, but he tried. He aimed for floors with no people and hoped for the best. I can't ask for more than that from a movie that is for both teens and adults.

Also, Antje Traue was so hot in this. She can make me kneel anytime. <3 <3

2. They better have knelt.

Also: watch The Limey.
    2009 TNL Fantasy Football Champion

3. I want to see that movie where Zod plays Kuklinski

4. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post

Also, Antje Traue was so hot in this. She can make me kneel anytime. <3 <3
    Yup. She was hotter'n hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

5. Finally got a chance to see this last night, by far the best Superman movie to date. Cavill was great in the role, and like Dole said during the lower points really held the movie together. Dude was also fucking jacked. I had a few issues with it, but nothing that made the movie unenjoyable. I was worried about the collateral damage stuff after so many people complained about it, but I thought it made sense.

He's literally just become Superman, and coming to terms with how to fight a group of people with powers like his, but have been bred and trained their whole lives to be warriors. I think if these events took place say 5 years into his career as Superman, then I would be more for the folks bitching about him not doing more to save the city. I think given the situation though his focus was just on stopping these people and figuring out how the fuck to do it. Besides any drag out fight in the comics had similar levels of destruction.

I liked the way things were handled with his growing up, getting the flashbacks and everything, it helped speed up the pace of the movie. Though I get what Dole is saying with the beginning, I still think it could have been shorter. There were some aspects of it that I think we didn't need, and we could have gotten to Clark sooner.

I thought the casting was really well done, I don't think I took issue with any one. Amy Adams makes a great Lois lane, and Cavill does a hell of a job as Clark. I thought the scene when Lois first shows up and says something a long the lines of "Are we done measuring our dicks, lets move on" was just perfect for the character. As was her dropping her story when she found out who he was. Though I think that was handled a bit too quickly, it's like a 30 second montage of her investigating and she's at the Kent's farm.

I was really worried about casting Crowe as Jor El but the dude pulled it off really well. I thought both sets of parents were good. I would have liked to have seen more acceptance of his adoptive parents as his parents but it's a nit pick.

One other smaller issue I had with it was just how quickly Zod adapted and figured things out. I think I would have also liked to have seen Clark being even a bit more powerful than the other Kryptonians. He's been absorbing the rays for 33 years, they just got there.

The end with Zod and how he has to make that choice and not being happy about it afterwards was a nice touch. Though I wish we had just a little bit more of him dealing with that decision than we got.

Overall I really dug it, I hope there's a sequel I'd like to see more of Cavill as Superman. This movie is by far the best Superman movie to date, and shits all over that abomination called Superman Returns.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

6. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Yup. She was hotter'n hell.
    I concur with this.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    Finally got a chance to see this last night, by far the best Superman movie to date. Cavill was great in the role, and like Dole said during the lower points really held the movie together. Dude was also fucking jacked. I had a few issues with it, but nothing that made the movie unenjoyable. I was worried about the collateral damage stuff after so many people complained about it, but I thought it made sense.

He's literally just become Superman, and coming to terms with how to fight a group of people with powers like his, but have been bred and trained their whole lives to be warriors. I think if these events took place say 5 years into his career as Superman, then I would be more for the folks bitching about him not doing more to save the city. I think given the situation though his focus was just on stopping these people and figuring out how the fuck to do it. Besides any drag out fight in the comics had similar levels of destruction.

I liked the way things were handled with his growing up, getting the flashbacks and everything, it helped speed up the pace of the movie. Though I get what Dole is saying with the beginning, I still think it could have been shorter. There were some aspects of it that I think we didn't need, and we could have gotten to Clark sooner.

I thought the casting was really well done, I don't think I took issue with any one. Amy Adams makes a great Lois lane, and Cavill does a hell of a job as Clark. I thought the scene when Lois first shows up and says something a long the lines of "Are we done measuring our dicks, lets move on" was just perfect for the character. As was her dropping her story when she found out who he was. Though I think that was handled a bit too quickly, it's like a 30 second montage of her investigating and she's at the Kent's farm.

I was really worried about casting Crowe as Jor El but the dude pulled it off really well. I thought both sets of parents were good. I would have liked to have seen more acceptance of his adoptive parents as his parents but it's a nit pick.

One other smaller issue I had with it was just how quickly Zod adapted and figured things out. I think I would have also liked to have seen Clark being even a bit more powerful than the other Kryptonians. He's been absorbing the rays for 33 years, they just got there.

The end with Zod and how he has to make that choice and not being happy about it afterwards was a nice touch. Though I wish we had just a little bit more of him dealing with that decision than we got.

Overall I really dug it, I hope there's a sequel I'd like to see more of Cavill as Superman. This movie is by far the best Superman movie to date, and shits all over that abomination called Superman Returns.
    Yeah, I'm late to the party here too, and I finally got around to seeing it tonight.

Loved the "early" Superman sequences, I honestly wish there were more of them and more of his foster parents. Maybe I can blame Smallville for that. Probably one of the stronger aspects of the film. The cast was pretty strong and particularly liked Lois, Martha Kent, and Cavill.

There are a few things that bothered me, but you can nitpick any movie you want. Lois in the C130. Kryptonian's colonizing other worlds and they all end up back on Krypton? WTF?

The city destruction/collateral damage didn't bother me because it was part of Zod's plan - which is why he landed in the middle of the city. Superman could've flown to bumblefuck, USA and... why would Zod follow him there?

Strongest of the Superman films, IMHO

8. I felt this superman seemed more attached to his real parents than his adoptive ones in many ways. That's not the superman I knew, but I read somewhere the director wanted Superman to be 3 people. Superman, Clark, and Kal-El. Still, his relationship with his adoptive parents is one of my favorite parts of superman's narrative.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life