Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Dead Line in my Power Supply

1. A Dead Line in my Power Supply

Yesterday I was watching something on my storage HDD and my computer froze. I rebooted and my computer did not see the HDD anymore. I tried to figure out what was wrong and just ended up switching the power line for another one from the same power supply. It worked.

I've never had this happen before. Is this safe or is the future bleak for my power supply?

2. It's about to die dude, get a hospital grade power supply, they tend to last a lot longer than commercial. Try Ditek.

3. If one of the rails in your PSU is dead you might as well CHUX the whole thing.

4. Arg, more fucking money down the drain.

5. Just think of it as intervention.

6. Now I'm having an overheating problem. My CPU just gets baked in my bedroom. I have a Core 2 Duo proc and a Gigabyte motherboard that it sits in. Anyone have a recommendation for a heatsink?

7. If you haven't replaced your PS it could be causing your cooling system to function at a lower level or not function at all.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

8. Is the cpu fan even working?

9. Yeah it works. It's happened before. My case just isn't all that great at keeping cool in the hot months. I have no problems now because it's 54 degrees outside and about the same temp as my room.

10. If you're using the stock cooler thats more than adequate. You may want to think of better case fans or redirecting one or two of them for better air pressure. I've got my C2D overclocked 1.8mhz above stock on air, with the stock cooler.
    Last edited by Dyne; 29 Apr 2009 at 03:13 PM.