Page 1 of 29 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: 8th Annual TNL Fantasy Football: Owners' Meetings/Offseason

1. 8th Annual TNL Fantasy Football: Owners' Meetings/Offseason

Welcome owners to our annual owners' meetings, where we discuss possible changes to be made in the effort to better our league. This process will consist of three parts:

1. The Proposal Period (April 10 - May 3)
    A proposal by one owner needs to be supported by three additional owners to become official and thus put to vote in the voting period.

2. The Voting Period (May 4 - May 10)
    An official proposal needs 10 votes in favor, out of potential 14, to be ratified. (same as last year)

3. The Ratified Results (May 11)
    Any changes made are revealed and enacted from that point forward.

Speak freely, including potential trade matters with other owners.

So let's get started.
    Last edited by Geo; 26 Apr 2009 at 12:00 AM.

2. I am here, but I have no proposals at this time.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

3. I propose we increase the league fee to 50 dollars next year.

4. and then I back away.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

5. That was the plan

Seriously though, 50 dollars isn't a ton of money, it would make winning the league more...profitable.

But if we don't do it, we don't.

Okay, let's hit the 4 keepers thing right off, I am NOT in favor of 4 keepers.

6. Completions, incompletions, and receptions

1. Reduce QB points for completions/incompletions down from 1 whole point to 0.5 points.

2. Reduce RB points for receptions down from 1 whole point to 0.5 points.

3. Keep WR points for receptions at 1 whole point.

Defensive scoring

1. Increase penalty for total points allowed.

Keepers

1. Leave the number at three.

7. Def for a change in QB scoring.

Keepers, I'm honestly ok with 3 or 4.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

Completely disagree with unbalancing the scoring. I cannot say strongly enough how much I hate wEE proposal. Either completions/receptions are 1 or they are 0.5. They cannot be different by position. Literally they cannot be for RB and WRs. They have to be the same. They should not be different for QBs either. Every play should balance.

And 3 keepers.

10. If the goal is "even play," then you're not going to get it from the RB/WR positions when RBs already get a ton of points from their rushing yards and could outscore most WRs without getting any points for receptions at all.

WRs just don't get the same touches that RBs get over the course of a game, and to make the positions more "even," it's necessary to separate their points per reception.

I am all for closing the gap between the various positions so that a great game by any position can at least come close to matching a great game from another position, and a good way to close that gap between the WRs and the two power positions (QBs/RBs) is with the PPR changes.