Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Martyrs

1. I'm not sure how I felt about this. It's obviously a brutal movie, but it showed some real craftmanship, the editing in particular really stands out. How I saw the end: She kills herself because she knows what's on the otherside. I think she liked whatever Anna said and made haste to check out.

2. Quote Originally Posted by arjue View Post
    I think the dragging out was intentional to make the repeated torture really wear you down.

This movie is out on DVD, so check it out! Also, the soundtrack has been released for free as 320kbps mp3's
    I really wish they had included the track that plays when Ana starts hearing Lucie talking to her and asks her why she's not scared.
    "I see the world didn't end yesterday."

"Are you sure?"

3. This flick stuck with me for days after I watched it, not many movies do that.

Great great Movie, I have 2 versions of it. Now it is OOP and goes for some serious money. I have the remake and plan to watch it but I'm sure they took many liberties that can't hold a candle to the original.

5. I'm uninterested in the remake.

Have any movies come out since this that push the limits as far as this does, while retaining some semblance of intellectual thought? I found the original brilliant.
    Boo, Hiss.

I don't think it will have the idealogy of the first but I will pop it in and let everyone know if it's worth it.