Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OPENDNS.COM

1. OPENDNS.COM

I just implemented this domain wide and it works like a charm, check it out.
    You can use it for home use too if you got the wee little ones running around. Plus, it's FREE! Better then paying for service or a 1u/2u appliance.

Make your network safer, faster, smarter, and more reliable.

OpenDNS is a free service that works for networks of all sizes, from home networks to K-12 schools, SMBs and large enterprises. Learn more about how OpenDNS can benefit you by selecting your network type on the left.

Here are just a few reasons millions of people have already made the switch:
    Start using OpenDNS! It's free.
    Security

• Industry-leading anti-phishing protects everyone on your network from fraudulent phishing scams.
    • Award-winning Web content filtering gives you the power to block up to 50 categories of content.
    • Detailed statistics empower you to understand your network traffic and spot trends before they become problems.

Infrastructure

• Our globally distributed network makes Web sites load noticeably faster on your network.
    • Anycast routing technology makes your Internet more reliable, freeing you of intermittent outages.

Navigation

• Browser Shortcuts let your users map a short term to a long URL via the address bar.
    • Typo correction auto-corrects the most common typos in top-level domains.
    • OpenDNS Guide provides helpful search results when your users try to visit a Web site that isn't resolving.

2. In English? What is this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. Internet condom for your everyday use.

4. No sir, I will not be using this junk. Netwurked, stop being a local IT guy who get's mind fucked by these idiots. This stuff is fucking lol funny.

Get a 1u rackmount net sniffer and be done with it.

5. Why would you need a 1u rackmount net sniffer for home? wtf is a 1u rackmount dick sniffer?

6. Quote Originally Posted by Othello Harrington View Post
    No sir, I will not be using this junk. Netwurked, stop being a local IT guy who get's mind fucked by these idiots. This stuff is fucking lol funny.

Get a 1u rackmount net sniffer and be done with it.
    My boss is a jew, ain't gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Netwurked View Post
    Infrastructure

• Our globally distributed network makes Web sites load noticeably faster on your network.
    Wow. I can confirm this already.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Netwurked View Post
    My boss is a jew, ain't gonna happen.
    At least you don't see him every Friday after sundown (i.e. 3pm), along with the 900 holidays per year.

9. Yoshi has Cat5 in his butt.

10. Not even cat5e!

By the way networked, the best way to have your network analyzed, etc is to outsource your shit to a co-lo...like these guys

www.expedient.com

However, this would mean you would have to shed dudes in your department, so don't bring it up unless you hate them.

I have contacts there if you are ever interested.
    Last edited by Othello Harrington; 13 Apr 2009 at 03:03 PM.