Page 1 of 14 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Thief 4

Sweat Thief 4

Eidos Montreal's site hints at its next project with very familiar font:

If they fuck up Deus Ex and then go after Thief, I hope their french asses burn.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Project2BannerEnglish.jpg 
Views:	813 
Size:	102.9 KB 
ID:	44973  

2. Why bother?

Seriously. Hang it up. Try something else. The first two won't be topped. Especially not by some mashed together team that has no relation to the originals.

3. Wanna know a secret? I've never played Thief 1 or 2. Or 3, but fuck that game.

I'm hoping that GOG.com releases them at some point. Unless they're available for download elsewhere?

4. It's called the internet, everything is available for download somewhere.

Oh and as said, without Spector, chances of this being any good are slim to none.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

Spector didn't work on the first two games. I'm not too surprised Eidos wants to make another Thief game. I would rather they work on new franchises, though.

6. He didn't? Huh.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

He's only in the credits of the first game in the special thanks section. He left to form Ion Storm Austin when Thief was early in development, IIRC.

8. I've had the Xbox version of Thief 3 for years. Is it worth playing through, compared to the PC version?

Anyone can answer but Yoshi.

9. I've only barely played the PC version, but the Xbox version runs largely like dogshit.

First two games are absolute priority if you haven't played them, though. Thief 3 is pretty boring in the start. I suppose Thief 1 doesn't take off immediately either, though. Maybe I'll return to it some day.

10. I have the Steam version of Thief 3, and it's virtually an unplayable mess. Strange bugs abound, and the controls are horrid. I also have the game for the Xbox, and while there is screen-tearing, it definitely feels more natural on the Xbox than it does on the PC.

The game is backward-compatible on the 360, but there is a bug where smoke and some light halos are visible through walls... so if you have an original Xbox, I suggest that is where you play it. (Xbox 1 version is only $2 also.)