Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Digital camera problem

Digital camera problem

Okay, I'm pretty sure this camera is toast now, but I thought I'd post a pic to see if anyone has any clue.

The camera is a Canon Powershot A85 digital camera, I've had it for years and it's always worked fine. It doesn't get used much, it's probably only taken a hundred or so shots the entire time I've had it. I went to take a picture of an item I was thinking about putting on Ebay, and it comes out horrible. Here is a pic I took inside:

My kitchen really isn't haunted, I swear. The LCD screen shows a normal image until you actually take the picture, but when you actually take the shot you get that. I've tried replacing the batteries and swapping out the compact flash card, and that didn't help. I've also tried it in both automatic and manual modes, still nothing.

I'm pretty much fucked, aren't I?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0590.JPG 
Views:	243 
Size:	132.9 KB 
ID:	45066  
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

2. That is awesome. Sell it on ebay as a paranormal catching camera ala Fatal Frame.

Sorry I can't help you, but I have to agree. That's an awesome photo. This could be the start of something big!

Quote Originally Posted by Dyne View Post
    That is awesome. Sell it on ebay as a paranormal catching camera ala Fatal Frame.
    LOL!

Thanks for that, I was in a crummy mood from the camera thing, that perked me right up

I have a glass moonroof from a 79 RX-7 that doesn't fit on my car and would fetch a mint on ebay, but it's hard when you CANT TAKE A FRIGGIN PICTURE.

I don't see what's so awesome about it.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

Thats a pretty cool shot actually. Is it always pink/purple or do the colours change with lighting conditions?

7. the a85 is an antique anyway, time to upgrade

you don't know anyone who could snap a couple quick pics for you? even with a phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

8. i would like to take that camera off your hands.
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

Yeah, it's always purplish like that. I don't really want a new camera, the A85 may be old but it still takes excellent shots. Truth is, it has made me a TON of cash on ebay. At least cameras are cheap. I did take some pictures of the moonroof with my cellphone and they aren't great, but they are good enough for ebay, at least.

B-Ri, if I can't get it working again you can have it.

Piss. I want the camera too.