Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 415153545556 LastLast

Thread: Fallout: New Vegas (Now In Stable Beta!?)

1. That whole engine's held together with bubblegum and bandaids, it shouldn't be much of a surprise that it's buggy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. No, it's because Obsidian didn't give a shit back then. I still hear people complaining about how they got screwed because the game got a Meteoritic 84 instead of 85 to trigger some bonuses. Sounds like karmic justice when folks like Anal Kaboom spend 8 days playing it and can't finish.

They've gotten better since, likely out of necessity.

Obsidian games have always been buggy or trash or both. Pillars of Eternity looks better on the surface but it really isn't: rather than crashing (though it likes to do that too), the game does any number of horrible things that can render it uncompletable in subtle ways, like removing inherent character bonuses, locking doors, making items disappear, and main quests that have dead-ends if you do things in the wrong order. They've fixed most of the obvious things but there are still issues with it, months after release.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, my wife damn near got 100% on PS3, so it's hardly unplayable. That doesn't mean I'll be playing any of these games on console any time soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    360 wasn't any different. After playing for 70+ hours and getting constant crashes and having to replay things over and over I just put the game away for six months until patches helped clean it up and then I went back and finished it.
    I'm playing the GOTY edition and its fully patched. The framerate drops to the low single digits (the game basically becomes a slideshow), crashes randomly, glitches constantly. It's a fucking mess. I will never buy another Obsidian game again. These guys are complete hacks.

I chuckled the other day when I saw the news about KOTOR 2 getting a patch a decade late, and one article called it "the best KOTOR." Lol. The best version of anything doesn't require a patch 10 years later.

5. In news related to Obsidian's shit fest, a new mod for New Vegas is coming. It adds all kinds of cool things.

Frontier features quests that have you surviving against the harsh elements—the developers note that moral choices will ask you to choose between “doing the right thing and trying to survive.” This will also mean taking up hunting and trapping as a means of providing for yourself, curiously enough.The mod also features a big weather overhaul. Weather now has an effect on your character, and you’ll need to equip the right stuff to make it through. The weather is dynamic, too—you can expect to have warm days suddenly turn into cold ones, thanks to nuclear winter. Frontier also adds things like mist, snow, rain, as well as smaller details like snow footprints, and being able to see your cold breath. You’ll also need to worry about things like frostbite, along with snow-specific enemies.

There are of course enhancements that aren’t related to weather. For example, Frontier adds aerial dogfights, destructible items, cryotech weapons, and more, and you can also expect classic Falloutinclusions, like new vaults. Overall, the developers are estimating that it’s about as big as the Mojave Wasteland, which is nuts.
    And in case you’re interested in the nitty gritty of the story:

Mr. House may have saved New Vegas from being destroyed, however The Frontier wasn’t so lucky. What was once a majestic and a buzzing city, is now reduced to a shadow of its former glory. It slowly became a city of ice shrouded in mysteries. Rumors of these mysteries have traveled far and wide from the few who managed to escape the icy ruins.

With the NCR and the Legion locked in a bloody stalemate, the possible means to end this war once and for all has intrigued both sides. Now the NCR and the Legion are vying for control of the Frontier.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    In news related to Obsidian's shit fest, a new mod for New Vegas is coming. It adds all kinds of cool things.

Frontier features quests that have you surviving against the harsh elements—the developers note that moral choices will ask you to choose between “doing the right thing and trying to survive.” This will also mean taking up hunting and trapping as a means of providing for yourself, curiously enough. The mod also features a big weather overhaul. Weather now has an effect on your character, and you’ll need to equip the right stuff to make it through. The weather is dynamic, too—you can expect to have warm days suddenly turn into cold ones, thanks to nuclear winter. Frontier also adds things like mist, snow, rain, as well as smaller details like snow footprints, and being able to see your cold breath. You’ll also need to worry about things like frostbite, along with snow-specific enemies.

There are of course enhancements that aren’t related to weather. For example, Frontier adds aerial dogfights, destructible items, cryotech weapons, and more, and you can also expect classic Falloutinclusions, like new vaults. Overall, the developers are estimating that it’s about as big as the Mojave Wasteland, which is nuts.

Mr. House may have saved New Vegas from being destroyed, however The Frontier wasn’t so lucky. What was once a majestic and a buzzing city, is now reduced to a shadow of its former glory. It slowly became a city of ice shrouded in mysteries. Rumors of these mysteries have traveled far and wide from the few who managed to escape the icy ruins.
    [FONT=inherit]With the NCR and the Legion locked in a bloody stalemate, the possible means to end this war once and for all has intrigued both sides. Now the NCR and the Legion are vying for control of the Frontier.
    that font in not getting read by anyone using the business-casual forum style.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    In news related to Obsidian's shit fest, a new mod for New Vegas is coming.
    So why isn't it in the New Vegas thread?

8. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    In news related to Obsidian's shit fest, a new mod for New Vegas is coming. It adds all kinds of cool things.

Frontier features quests that have you surviving against the harsh elements—the developers note that moral choices will ask you to choose between “doing the right thing and trying to survive.” This will also mean taking up hunting and trapping as a means of providing for yourself, curiously enough.The mod also features a big weather overhaul. Weather now has an effect on your character, and you’ll need to equip the right stuff to make it through. The weather is dynamic, too—you can expect to have warm days suddenly turn into cold ones, thanks to nuclear winter. Frontier also adds things like mist, snow, rain, as well as smaller details like snow footprints, and being able to see your cold breath. You’ll also need to worry about things like frostbite, along with snow-specific enemies.

With the NCR and the Legion locked in a bloody stalemate, the possible means to end this war once and for all has intrigued both sides. Now the NCR and the Legion are vying for control of the Frontier.
    Fuck it, I'll re-install for this.

No official release date for the mod but according to PC Gamer the devs are hoping to get it done by winter. If this doesn't release before FO4 nobody's gonna play it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Shake
    Look, Yes. I have banged hundreds of broads...internationally. But know this, I wrap my rascal 2 times. 'Cause I like it to be joyless and without sensation, as a way of punishing super-models.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    So why isn't it in the New Vegas thread?
    Moved all relevant posts to the official thread.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Sounds like karmic justice when folks like Anal Kaboom spend 8 days playing it and can't finish.
    Lemme put on a Celine Dion tape and light some candles so I can cry properly over this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!