Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 791011

Thread: Deadliest Warrior

1. Anyone else still watching this? I'm starting to personally find flaws in their system. Granted it's all for fun and shit. I think I'm just getting sick of seeing these trained hardened this group beat the shit out of everyone, losing to no name who the fuck is that groups. I think the fact that they're basing who wins solely on the performance of a weapon used by 1 or 2 people to get their data is skewing shit. I wish they would add a variable or two for training and experience.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

2. I caught an episode of this last night, and saw that one of my bosses was in the episode. It was a total mind trip.

3. John: I think they're basing things on all combatants being masters of their respective art to keep it on an even playing field. Having expert-level Spartan vs. retard-level Ninja would be silly.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

4. IT WOULD BE MADNESS!

5. They are. And they also said in Season 1 that you have to keep in mind this is deadliest WARRIOR. Not ASSASSIN. Skulking around in the shadows and using tricks to help disorient common warriors usually acts against the warrior doing it. Because this is a head on battle where shadows and hiding isn't key.

I personally don't watch much of the newer ones with the gun fighters (other than the Spetznas because they're insane and fun to watch). I like when the older warrior class-types are pitted against each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

6. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    John: I think they're basing things on all combatants being masters of their respective art to keep it on an even playing field. Having expert-level Spartan vs. retard-level Ninja would be silly.
    But that's not my point. My point is more, ok the Rajput Warrior may have had a sword that could cut more, and a better long range weapon, than the Roman Centurion. Which if I remember the episode right, was the thing that determined the outcome of that combat more. That Rajput sword though was clumsy, slow, and was telegraphed from here to hell and back. There was no accounting for that, it was just look how deep it cut into this.

My other issue was more in regards to the armies themselves. Meaning the Romans had a lot more experience fighting than the Rajputs did. That wasn't taken into account at all either.

I just think they're focusing way too much on what the weapons could do, and not what the warriors wielding the weapons were capable of. It just seems to me that the stuff that would REALLY matter in a fight isn't what's being tested.

Again its all for fun, and this was a TLDR rant on it. I would just like to see a little bit more scientific thought put into evaluating the things that would really matter in these fights.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.