Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: The Making of PlayStation

1. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Exactly. And Daytona beat the fuck out of Ridge Racer.
    I traded in my Genesis and SEGA CD/32X collection for my Saturn. Granted Panzer Dragoon and Daytona were the only games worth money but I can safely say I was a diehard SEGA fanboy back then. Seeing the system at Epcot Center before it came out was like magic.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    You didn't love Toshinden?
    Toshinden sucked. BUT, it looked better than anything else out at the time. Showing Toshinden next to Virtua Fighter, and there was no contest. Even though VF beat it with gameplay.

I worked for EB starting at the height of the 16 era. There was hype for Playstation almost a solid year before it launched. Sony (largely Bernie Stolar) made sure it was a success. Flawless execution!

Pre-Resident Evil, I was impressed by Wipeout, The Raiden Project, Ridge Racer, Jumping Flash, and Warhawk. The PS1 had a solid start.

4. Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    Pre-Resident Evil, I was impressed by Wipeout, The Raiden Project, Ridge Racer, Jumping Flash, and Warhawk. The PS1 had a solid start.
    Agreed, it is more impressive than the initial Saturn lineup (at least graphically). Daytona was great but the pop-up was unacceptable, you can't even see the Sonic Mountain until it is in your face.

5. Bullshit! Nobody knew the fuck pop-up WAS when Daytona came home. We just knew the TV had picture triangles in it. And it was good.

And you could play as a horse if you wanted.

Magical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

6. Sound Shower.
    Last edited by Finch; 28 Apr 2009 at 01:11 AM. Reason: golden shower
    Donk

7. Everybody rep Finch for that.

8. Seeing the Saturn build the tracks right in front of you is not magical.

9. It is when it's the first goddamn 3D console hooked up to your Zenith, sir. Revisionist nonsense!

10. Nope, I knew the Saturn could do better, Sega just rushed the system to the market along with the games. Panzer Dragoon looked fine, and VF was alright. But next to Toshinden, it was bad.

Heck, the 3DO's Road Rash and Need For Speed already showed me what good 3D games looked like (at the time).