Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can the future game designers really keep up?

zidane747 Guest

Can the future game designers really keep up?

As much as I hate to admit it, all the great game designers(Miyamoto, Suzuki,Kojima)will eventually die( ), and the future game designers will take their place, but I really don't think there will EVER be another Miyamoto, or Suzuki. I mean, can these future designers really come up with a series better that FF, or a fighting game superior to SF:3rd Strike? I don't think so; no person will ever have the genius that Miyamoto possesses, not by a long shot. What I'm trying to say is; if these new kids can't keep up, will that mean that gaming will be reduced to rehash after rehash, with no originality whatsoever? Talk amongst yourselves.

2. Re: Can the future game designers really keep up?

Originally posted by zidane747
    As much as I hate to admit it, all the great game designers(Miyamoto, Suzuki,Kojima)will eventually die( ),
    Sorry, that's just too funny in all it's brutal direct-ness.

I wouldn't worry. Every single other art form on the face of the earth has pressed on and flourished after the greats died. Music lives on without the Beatles, etc. We'll manage just fine.

zidane747 Guest

Re: Re: Can the future game designers really keep up?

Originally posted by Chibi Nappa
    Sorry, that's just too funny in all it's brutal direct-ness.

I wouldn't worry. Every single other art form on the face of the earth has pressed on and flourished after the greats died. Music lives on without the Beatles, etc. We'll manage just fine.

I guess you're right, but we both know that music today will NEVER reach the greatness that the Beatles possessed.

4. Re: Re: Re: Can the future game designers really keep up?

I guess you're right, but we both know that music today will NEVER reach the greatness that the Beatles possessed.
    That's probably what they said when Beethoven died. We just have to wait another 300 years or something.

5. I think the future will turn out just fine. We might not see the same magic that the current greats possess, but I think that's a good thing. I'd rather someone who comes along to have his own style rather than try to mimic the ones that came before. It'll just be a different kind of magic. And who knows, maybe I'll be one of the future greats.

6. Re: Can the future game designers really keep up?

I mean, can these future designers really come up with a series better that FF, or a fighting game superior to SF:3rd Strike?
    Yes and yes.

I'm not worried about the future. Creative geniuses will emerge and make impact on gaming, just in different ways than the present and past people have.

Oh and one more thing, I like Kojima but he's definitely replaceable.

8. I will be one of the greatest game developers you will ever see....

Or I'll make dancing games.. I haven't decided yet.

Z-roe
    A is for action

zidane747 Guest
    Originally posted by Z-roe
    I will be one of the greatest game developers you will ever see....

Or I'll make dancing games.. I haven't decided yet.

Z-roe

I will also be one of the greatest game designer in all of gamedom.....

Or the assistant janitor at Konami, whichever pays more.....

10. Originally posted by zidane747

I will also be one of the greatest game designer in all of gamedom.....

Or the assistant janitor at Konami, whichever pays more.....
    Yuji Naka drives a Ferrari. I hear the guy that takes out Yuji Nakas trash has three Aston Martins... so who knows?

Z-roe
    A is for action