Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CvS2 GC Launch Info: Cheap + free memcard 59!

1. CvS2 GC Launch Info: Cheap + free memcard 59!

From Planet GameCube:
    New details emerge about Capcom vs SNK 2 EO in Japan!

Since Capcom vs SNK 2 EO is a port of an older game, Capcom will be selling it for 4,800 yen--the same price as a GBA game. What's more, Capcom's fighting game comes with its own Memory Card 59! Such tactics will surely boost sales when it comes out July 4th.

Michael "TYP" says: I really respect Capcom for selling console-to-console ports at a cheaper price. Most companies would be greedy and sell at full price, even though Capcom's approach may be more lucrative.

Max says: Low price and a memory card? I might have to import this sucker...

Hmmm... wonder if we'll get a free memcard too....

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

2. Well Resident Evil GC game with a Memory Card in Japan, but did not here, so who knows. The U.S. version of Animal Crossing will be coming with a memory card though, Nintendo said so. So maybe. I just think some one needs to make a GC fighting pad with 6 face buttons and a better D-Pad. But who knows, the DC never really got one in the U.S., I had to import me a wonderful Ascii FT 6 Button pad. I am not a fan of Arcade Sticks, which there in one out or coming out for the GC.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

3. Capcom isn't greedy.

4. Um...sorry to say, but yes they are. Though I've come to love many of their respective franchises, they're no less greedy than companies that continue to milk various game licenses until they bleed. This is an excellent business move for them, one which I hope others will adopt in the near future.

5. i really hope we get the same deal here as i plan on picking up the game when it comes here

but i doubt it i get the feeling itll be 49.99 sans mem card

Originally posted by rezo
    Capcom isn't greedy.
    That was the funniest thing I have heard all week.

7. Originally posted by 88mph

That was the funniest thing I have heard all week.
    For real, how many games does Mega Man and the Street Fighter crew have these days? They're practically beating out Mario

8. Originally posted by bahn
    Um...sorry to say, but yes they are. Though I've come to love many of their respective franchises, they're no less greedy than companies that continue to milk various game licenses until they bleed. This is an excellent business move for them, one which I hope others will adopt in the near future.
    Mars Matrix & Giga Wing 2 - $20 domestic release....

an act of pure love. thank you Capcom. damn the naysayers.
    -----------------------
    http://www.gamegen.com/fightgen/dhalsim-yyy.gif
    -----------------------

9. if it helps, I wasn't being serious. XD . crazy interweb people. next, I'll do an expose on River City Ransom, and other 3D games on the NES, and how 3D began dominating long before we realized it.

edit: ooh, I did forget about the Mars Matrix and the like. they do have a kindness streak in there somewhere, whatever the intentions are. offset entirely by the PSX mega man re-releases.

10. Originally posted by MrKasualUltra2000

Mars Matrix & Giga Wing 2 - $20 domestic release....

an act of pure love. thank you Capcom. damn the naysayers.
    Whoa...2 games out of how many...? wow...oh ya...Capcom's not greedy.

I am not a naysayer, I am stating the obvious.

Pure love? LOL. Dude...you must be joking - true gaming loyalty, I respect that, but...be serious. Companies are not in this for love, certainly not Capcom, and definitely NOT their domestic division. I can see it now "we thought we'd make these two titles available at 20 bucks because we LOVE our consumers..."

I guess Take 2 loves us too since The Italian Job is only 10 bucks.

Ok, wait, Nintendo loves us, but damn...they don't show it when it comes to their retail prices.