Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 15252728293031 LastLast

Thread: Deadpool

1. I agree with everything Dolemite said. The first half had a few gags that were good but in general it was pretty meh.

The joke about luck not being a superpower and how it sounds like she was invented by someone who can't draw feet got a good laugh out of about 2 of us in the theater. Everyone else was confused.
    Last edited by bbobb; 19 May 2018 at 02:29 AM.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

2. Also: No Stan Lee cameo! Less fourth wall breaking!
    Last edited by Dolemite; 19 May 2018 at 07:55 AM.

3. I don't know, it seemed to me like he talked directly to the camera A LOT more than in the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

4. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Also: No Stan Lee cameo! Less fourth wall breaking!
    He's a statue bust.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

5. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Firefist (Deadpool's kid sidekick) was pretty lame, and one of the big mistakes of the movie is that it spent zero time on developing any kind of relationship between the two, so it made little sense when Deadpool suddenly cared about him for no reason and was hell-bent on saving his life.
    That kicked in the second DP found out he'd been abused. I thought it was clear as day he was doing it because he saw himself in the kid.

"That came out wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

6. Quote Originally Posted by Space Pirate Roberts View Post
    I don't know, it seemed to me like he talked directly to the camera A LOT more than in the first one.
    Eh, didn't seem like that to me...or, at least, when it did happen it wasn't as cleverly done as in the original. Opinions!

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    He's a statue bust.
    Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by Space Pirate Roberts View Post
    That kicked in the second DP found out he'd been abused. I thought it was clear as day he was doing it because he saw himself in the kid.
    I didn't say it made no sense because it wasn't clear, I'm saying it made no sense because not one second of the film was devoted to establishing any kind of bond between them whatsoever.

That bit you mentioned was just really, really weak writing. There's a difference between coming up with a quick, lazy McGuffin and actually developing a believable relationship between two characters, even in a superhero movie. It should be more than, "My dad was a dick, gee, this random kid was abused, I care so much about him!" It didn't help that the kid was kinda annoying and unlikable, IMO.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 20 May 2018 at 08:25 AM.

7. The bond isn't between him and the kid, the kid is his ticket to getting into heaven or whatever. They made THAT crystal clear. Save the kid, have your heart in the right place and you'll get to bang your wife again. Stop thinking so fucking hard.

8. I guess you missed the part where Deadpool hugs the kid while practically sobbing and says, "I care about you so much!" But whatever, this stupid shit has already gone on too long.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    But whatever, this stupid shit has already gone on too long.
    You sound like my girlfriend in bed.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

10. This movie was rad. However, the need to cram cheesy dude-bro dick jokes into every scene overshadowed proper characterization too much. Juggernaut being defeated with a wire up the ass took a great character debut and goofed it up waaay too much. Likewise the humiliation of Colossus mischaracterized him a little (a lot) too much as well. The shock jock killing of Black Tom was dumb too. Though I admit the racism jokes about Black Tom’s name was pretty lol

Pretty close to the original I think. Cable was a blast to watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."