Page 1 of 31 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Deadpool

1. Deadpool

Might as well get the hype train rolling now.
    UPDATE: Deadpool Spin-Off Moving Forward
    Source:The Hollywood Reporter
    May 6, 2009

20th Century Fox is developing a X-Men Origins: Wolverine spin-off featuring Deadpool, the wise-cracking mercenary played in the film by Ryan Reynolds, says The Hollywood Reporter.

Reynolds is attached to reprise the character for what for now is simply being called Deadpool. Lauren Shuler Donner and Marvel Studios would act as producers.

The project is currently out to writers.

The trade adds that the studio considered a Deadpool spin-off early in "Wolverine's" development process, which is why it cast Reynolds.

UPDATE: A source close to Fox tells us that the Deadpool and second "Wolverine" movies are coming from the two Easter Eggs at the end of X-Men Origins: Wolverine:

"We are developing a spinoff with Deadpool, as well. It is one of the two different "Easter egg" scenes after the credits of WOLVERINE and hints at two different movies that are coming FROM THEM. One is the Japan backstory which was announced earlier, the other is about Deadpool. The film, which would be produced by Lauren Shuler Donner and Marvel, has Ryan Reynolds attached and would be a complete exploration of this unique character - his origins, his emergence as the Merc with with the Mouth, etc. We are looking for writers as well."

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

2. They've already fucked him up by giving him 50 bazillion powers and ARM KATANAS. I'd rather they don't do any more damage.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. I wish they would retconn the X-Men Origins: Wolverine storyline out of the Deadpool one. AKA ... it never happened.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

4. Easy, when his shit got chopped up he forgot he had eye beams, the katanas fell out of his arms and.... he found a mask.

There we go.

5. Could be awesome, if they somehow pretend the Wolverine movie never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    Easy, when his shit got chopped up he forgot he had eye beams, the katanas fell out of his arms and.... he found a mask.

There we go.
    Perfect!

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

6. Any chance in hell that Reynolds wears a mask in a movie for more than thirty seconds?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

7. *shrugs* They managed to keep Hugo Weaving in a mask for all of V for Vendetta, but then again, Hugo Weaving isn't ridiculously good looking.

8. I don't really see why anyone is worried about what happened in the Wolverine movie. I mean, if you watch the first X-Men movie Sabertooth and Wolverine don't even know each other and now in this latest movie they are brothers. Something tells me they don't care about continuity.

9. End of Wolverine? Memory implants!

Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    Easy, when his shit got chopped up he forgot he had eye beams, the katanas fell out of his arms and.... he found a mask.

There we go.
    in a world of magical memory destroying bullets, they could say the powers were temporary.
    Last edited by Fe 26; 06 May 2009 at 11:55 AM.