Page 1 of 6 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Guy Ritchie's Sherlock Holmes

1. Guy Ritchie's Sherlock Holmes

I could have sworn we already had a thread for this, but when I searched it I only found the comedy version with Borat and Ricky Bobby. Anyway...
    New Sherlock Holmes Photos
    Source:USA Today
    May 5, 2009

USA Today has published new photos from Warner Bros. Pictures' Sherlock Holmes, opening in theaters on Christmas Day.

In this dynamic new portrayal of Arthur Conan Doyle's most famous characters, the Guy Ritchie-directed film sends Holmes and his stalwart partner Watson on their latest challenge. Revealing fighting skills as lethal as his legendary intellect, Holmes will battle as never before to bring down a new nemesis and unravel a deadly plot that could destroy the country.

Click the photo below to view the gallery!

More pics here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sherlocknewphotos.jpg 
Views:	605 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	45368  
    Last edited by Space Pirate Roberts; 06 May 2009 at 03:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

2. Looks very cool. Glad some pics finally surfaced for it. Day one and all that...

3. I particularly like the blurb accompanying the eighth pic, where they talk about how they didn't paint Watson as a buffoon, but rather the level-headed managerial sort needed to keep a genius-savant on track. That seems like a much more interesting dynamic.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

4. Revealing fighting skills as lethal as his legendary intellect
    No.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

5. Bartitsu. Holmes uses Bartitsu a form of karate founded in England back in the 1800's. Conan Doyle mentioned it one of Holmes novels, he spelled it Baritsu.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

6. Bullshit on that, unless the sole use of it is judo flipping some dude that tries to punch him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

7. I thought Doyle's Holmes was expert of BOXING, which does makes sense considering the era it takes place.

Still, looking forward this. Can be fun.

8. I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

9. I watched the trailer last night. Looks great IMO.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

10. I love Sherlock Holmes when I was a kid and after I watched Young Sherlock Holmes, I almost puked.

This better be good.

EDIT: Oh shit I love that trailer, Rachael McAdams.... nice. Ironman? Sold.
    Last edited by kingoffighters; 19 May 2009 at 10:59 AM.