Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Most Despicable Movie Villains: who are your favorites?

1. Most Despicable Movie Villains: who are your favorites?

Who are the scariest, most evil, most delightfully dastardly villains you've ever seen in film? Let's get a list going. Here are some of my picks:

-Clarence Boddicker, from Robocop. I first saw this movie when I was ten, and this guy scared the crap out of me. Probably the most amoral, sadistic, and terrifying villain I've ever seen in a movie -- that scene near the beginning where he and his gang literally shoot Peter Weller apart limb from limb still gives me chills. Now that this actor plays the father on That '70s Show, I don't quite view him in the same light I used to, but he's still pretty damn scary.

-The doctor in Quills. Michael Caine is excellent as an ultraconservative maniac who tries to destroy the Marquis de Sade's soul. Even though the Marquis was a pretty despicable person in real life, Michael Caine was so evil in this part that I couldn't help but feel sorry for him.

-Cohaagen, from Total Recall. Paul Verhoeven seems to have a knack for creating monstrous movie villains, and Ronny Cox plays this role to the hilt. He was also pretty evil in a similar role in Robocop, but this one gets the nod for two reasons: the scene in which Cohaagen decides to kill off the Mars colonists in the red light district by cutting off their air, and his unforgettable death scene.

Any other favorites?
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

2. Chistopher Walker for his career.he nearly only play villain and he's good at it!!

3. Oh Yeah. My favorite topic - Villians

Lance Henriksen and Arnold Vasloo in Hard Target - The film dynamic duo, are evil, cool, sadistic and tough. The way Henriksen presented his Fouchon character, is just awesome. John Woo used his mastery to set up some awesome scenes for them, and those were great

Michael Wincot in The Crow - His, Top Dollar character was great. Dark, mysterious, obviously somewhat crazy, he was a great counter part to Brandon Lee character.

Tim Curry as Darkness in Legend - Just look at my avatar One of the best villians ever. Such a presence.

Gary Oldmen in Leon/The Professional - Great villian character, great performance as drug crazy cop on the rampage.

Lance Henriksen(again ) in Near Dark as Jesse, the leader of vampire clan. Very cool performance, and good character.

Will be back with more villian nominations later

4. I second Clarence Boddiker! He looks so unassuming, but what an evil, evil creepy SOB. Not just a bad man, but a jerk with the ladies: "Hiya, I'm here to see Dick Jones, but afterwards, I've got some free time. Maybe you could....fit me in." Yeek.

Ian Holm in From Hell. Perfect casting.

The late J.T. Walsh in Breakdown. The audience was supposed to hate him, and they did. A superb and underrated performance.

Anthony Hopkins as Hannibal Lecter. I won't get into my own problems with how this character is portrayed, but as a psychotic, he's brilliant.

The crazy Thuggee high priest in Temple of Doom. I cheered when he met his end.

The Emperor in Return of the Jedi. "And now, Young Skywalker..............YOU DIE."

The Alien Queen. What a bitch.

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

5. The evil undead king and Ash in Army of Darkness. Alien in Alien. Predator. The shark in Jaws. Dinosaurs in Jurassic Park. Terminator in T1, T2000 in T2. Lurtz in Fellowship of the Ring. Khan in Star Trek 2.
    pwned by Ivan

6. Pinhead (Hellraiser)
    Lord Farquaad (John Lithgow in Shrek)
    Ed Rooney (Ferris Bueller's Day off)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

7. Originally posted by BioMechanic
    to hate him, and they did. A superb and underrated performance.

Anthony Hopkins as Hannibal Lecter. I won't get into my own problems with how this character is portrayed, but as a psychotic, he's brilliant.
    he should be on everyone's list.
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

8. Re: Most Despicable Movie Villains: who are your favorites?

Originally posted by sleeveboy

-Clarence Boddicker, from Robocop. I first saw this movie when I was ten, and this guy scared the crap out of me. Probably the most amoral, sadistic, and terrifying villain I've ever seen in a movie -- that scene near the beginning where he and his gang literally shoot Peter Weller apart limb from limb still gives me chills. Now that this actor plays the father on That '70s Show, I don't quite view him in the same light I used to, but he's still pretty damn scary.
    Yeah, that 70's show killed that evil aura that he possessed.

Some of these may not be the "villians" you were expecting, but they're antagonists regardless, dammit all!

Clarence Boddicker was a good call, what a great villian. "Can you fly, Bobby?"

Willem Dafoe as the Norman Osbourne/Green Goblin in Spider-Man blew my mind.

Darth Vader was easily one of the most ominous villians ever.

Scutt Farkus from A Christmas Story deserves more credit than he will ever recieve. "He had yellow eyes! So help me God, yellow eyes!"

Bill Lumberg from Office Space. Of course anything that touches this movie is practically gold.

Dean Wormer from Animal House.

Freddy Kreuger from the (first) Nightmare on Elm Street. Such a creepy guy back then.

Jack Nicholson as The Joker in the first Batman movie. I admire the sinister psychos.

10. The guy in Titanic. He's dispicable.

The guy in scream (shaggy from scooby doo). I've just hated him ever since hackers.