Thread: First Details on the New Yakuza Revealed

1. First Details on the New Yakuza Revealed

http://fgnonline.webs.com/

WORLD EXCLUSIVE DETAILS ON SEGA'S NEXT RYU GA GOTOKU (YAKUZA)

- 05/16/09

We can officially confirm in this world exclusive that the next title in the Ryu Ga Gotoku franchise which Toshihiro Nagoshi briefly talked about in a recent interview in Japanese Famitsu magazine shall be SEGA's version of Grand Theft Auto. Like Ryu Ga Gotoku Kenzan! before it, the game shall be part of the franchise however not part of the main series.

Executives at SEGA were worried that Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc would develop a GTA4:Tokyo which would affect the sales potential of future titles in SEGA's established i.p.

Nagoshi-san has already stated that the game will be a more 3D experience. Whereas the previous games weren't truly sandbox, leaning more towards Shenmue than GTA, this spinoff title will allow total freedom at the expense of an in depth story and drama that fans of the main series are accustomed to.

Unlike Ryu Ga Gotoku Kenzan! and Ryu Ga Gotoku 3 this particular title shall see a worldwide release accompanied by a hefty marketing push from both SEGA of America and SEGA Europe.

- Zach Morris

2. Why does sandbox gameplay have to come at the expense of story?

Also, it'll be kind of interesting to see a Japanese devleoper attempting a more Euro-centric style of design. I'm bummed if this means we won't see Yakuza 3 in the US though.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda
    Why does sandbox gameplay have to come at the expense of story?
    Hopefully they're just assuming/talking out of their ass. There's no reason we can't have both.

Plus I won't believe it's a sandbox game until we get more info. Lots of people call pretty linear Japanese stuff like No More Heroes sandbox games when they're not. And yeah, I really hope North America's still getting Yakuza 3 at least.

This guy has to be a supergrafxengine joke account.

This already has a thread, by the way. And it's actually accurate, since it's not Yakuza 4.

5. Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    Hopefully they're just assuming/talking out of their ass. There's no reason we can't have both.

Plus I won't believe it's a sandbox game until we get more info. Lots of people call pretty linear Japanese stuff like No More Heroes sandbox games when they're not. And yeah, I really hope North America's still getting Yakuza 3 at least.
    Yeah, glancing at it again, I'm calling the whole thing bullshit, because there isn't even a non-specific source alluded to. It just says world-exclusive confirmation and nothing more.

That said, Nagoshi did say he had an idea to appeal more to the western audience, so who knows for sure.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 16 May 2009 at 07:52 PM.

6. Somebody ban this dipshit already, this already has a fucking thread.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.