Page 116 of 120 FirstFirst ... 102112114115116117118 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1192

Thread: Battlefield: Bad Company 2

1. Quote Originally Posted by ElCapichan View Post
    How are you getting any of that with the teaser?

From reading the battlefield blog, looking at the art they have released, and using the common sense that somehow the maps being designed for 24 players are going to be laid out differently than 64 players. Unless the 24 player rumor ends up false.

I mean - the HEADLINE for their latest blog post is "Battlefield 3 ships Fall 2011 -- includes jets, prone, and 64 player multiplayer!". I played BF2 years ago with these features - this is not earth shattering.

Other things I can deduce from the trailer - no naval warfare again, minus maybe RIBs and jet skis - I just don't see us having destroyer battles against the MEC or whatever fake middle eastern force they come up with this time - though I suppose if they use China I could be proven wrong.

Co-op campaign could be a blast but I would rather they focus on the MP aspect as before and maybe work on their bot AI - BC2 SP was okay I guess - nothing mind blowing.

If you seriously look at the art released for this game (game informer/placeholder box art) and compare it with BC2 vs older BF promotional art - it is almost exactly like the BC2 stuff - so similar it could even be leftover concept/promo art from BC2 just being rehashed to give us something to look at.
    Last edited by Spent; 04 Feb 2011 at 12:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by remnant
    I live in the fastlane bitches.
    Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Thats how we roll, ride or die bitch.

2. Naval battles would be over in 5 minutes. Press button, launch arsenal of Harpoons and Tomahawks. Watch enemy ship sink.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Spent View Post
    From reading the battlefield blog, looking at the art they have released, and using the common sense that somehow the maps being designed for 24 players are going to be laid out differently than 64 players. Unless the 24 player rumor ends up false.

I mean - the HEADLINE for their latest blog post is "Battlefield 3 ships Fall 2011 -- includes jets, prone, and 64 player multiplayer!". I played BF2 years ago with these features - this is not earth shattering.
    I am sure those are the only features in the game...

Take the tactical aspect of BF2 (commander, UAV, Mortar, etc), combine that with the gunplay and destruction of BC2, and you have gold. Do you really need more. I wouldn't expect them to blow their wad of info on a teaser trailer, so why you think this is everything the game is going to have is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Spent View Post
    Other things I can deduce from the trailer - no naval warfare again, minus maybe RIBs and jet skis - I just don't see us having destroyer battles against the MEC or whatever fake middle eastern force they come up with this time - though I suppose if they use China I could be proven wrong.
    You want to control a big ship shooting at other big ships?

Quote Originally Posted by Spent View Post
    If you seriously look at the art released for this game (game informer/placeholder box art) and compare it with BC2 vs older BF promotional art - it is almost exactly like the BC2 stuff - so similar it could even be leftover concept/promo art from BC2 just being rehashed to give us something to look at.
    It's art, not gameplay footage. And what does the art even have to do with anything? It looks similar to the cover art of BC2, but that really doesn't mean squat. Could it? I suppose but why cry foul when we haven't seen an ounce of actual gameplay. And newsflash, the gameplay of BC2 is leagues beyond that of BF2. The only thing BC2 is missing is 64 players, commander, and a few of the other tactical aspects of BF2.

4. Quote Originally Posted by ElCapichan View Post
    I wouldn't expect them to blow their wad of info on a teaser trailer
    I wouldn't expect them to tout features from BF2 as if they were headline worthy

Quote Originally Posted by ElCapichan View Post
    You want to control a big ship shooting at other big ships?
    Some of the most fun on 42 came from this, especially the sub

It's art, not gameplay footage. And what does the art even have to do with anything?
    Using something that looks like they took a bunch of assets from the BC2 promo folder and slapped it together with "Battlefield 3" smeared on it just could have been handled better?

newsflash, the gameplay of BC2 is leagues beyond that of BF2. The only thing BC2 is missing is 64 players, commander, and a few of the other tactical aspects of BF2.
    I wasn't trying to argue BF2 had better/worse gameplay than BC2 and I'm not sure where you got this from. I hope if they bring back commander mode we can also have player controlled arty/mortars like 42/nam. Though it was hard to find someone to work with, if you could find the right sniper a spotter/arty team could completely dominate. - and allowing the commander to designate targets would probably alleviate a lot of that "find a useful sniper" BS
    Last edited by Spent; 04 Feb 2011 at 03:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by remnant
    I live in the fastlane bitches.
    Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Thats how we roll, ride or die bitch.

5. OMG guys I just read the developer site for this. Finally Battlefield is getting controllable airplanes, large scale servers and a brand new prone position! I really am glad the developer decided to highlight these amazing new features specifically as the groundbreaking additions they are and not simply expected of any open-world Battlefield game!
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

6. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    OMG guys I just read the developer site for this. Finally Battlefield is getting controllable airplanes, large scale servers and a brand new prone position! I really am glad the developer decided to highlight these amazing new features specifically as the groundbreaking additions they are and not simply expected of any open-world Battlefield game!
    Really the only reason they are highlighting prone and jets in this first day teaser is because the entire internet has been screaming "No jets, no prone, no 64 players = no buy" for the past year straight. Go read the official BF3 boards - every thread (amoung 1,000's) amounts to those 3 things. They wanted to set the record straight there first. The BF3 gameplay stuff will be revealed throughout Feb. Some of those initial details sound pretty rad. Cant wait to see the new engine up and running.
    NowPlaying: Battlefield series . DarkSouls . MGS collection . Cap+SNK fighters . AceCombat series . ArmoredCore series

7. Prone sucks.

Have people already forgotten how gay the "dolphin diving" was in BF 2?

8. they just shouldn't allow firing while diving... or blow out the cone to just make it a waste of ammo. Running and diving for cover or to lower your profile is fine.. doing it when confronting someone face to face isn't.

Make claymores destroyable with something other than your face.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

9. BF2 mappack/expansion planned from day one. Imagine Karkand in Frostbite! Oh shit! Pretty sure the limited edition is just like BC2 - its just the initial run of the game. Details:
    Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand
    This themed expansion pack features four legendary maps from Battlefield 2 boldly re-imagined with Frostbite 2 physics, destruction and visuals. Completing the package are classic Battlefield 2 weapons and vehicles, unique rewards, new achievements/trophies, and more. For those who don't pre-order to secure the limited edition, Battlfield 3: Back To Karkand expansion content will be available for purchase approximately one month after the game's release.
    To me this says they have a set plan to keep new maps coming - instead of the failed BC2 VIP experiment of different variants of the same maps. Notice how it says those maps have BF2 specific weapons and vehicles. This also gives hope that maybe we will see another Vietnam expansion (or even WWII) in the BF3 engine. There was an initial rumor that BF3 would have maps varying between different conflicts (ie: WWII, nam, modern).

Side note: TNL has been hacked to high hell. I keep getting prompted to download crap. WTF?
    NowPlaying: Battlefield series . DarkSouls . MGS collection . Cap+SNK fighters . AceCombat series . ArmoredCore series