Page 16 of 120 FirstFirst ... 21214151617182030 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlefield: Bad Company 2

1. Still playing? I will be playing the demo until the game actually comes out. No 2 rounds are alike. Different ways to get objectives, some teams can storm through, others have to push really hard. Also the different classes can mix things up. Not in the mode to heal? Be an engy and repair tanks and shoot at the enemies with the RPG. Or snipe and blow up shit with your C4. Just so many ways to play and benefit the squad/team. The best squad is always (well most of the time) the one that has a little bit of everything and sticks together.

Needless to say, I am loving this game. I have been perfecting my sniping skills with much success. I was playing a round as an attacker with only 1 other guy on my team and about 7 or so on the other team. I dropped over by the oil lines on the far right of the starting area of the map and was picking the other team off left and right. They had no idea where I was, and when they finally spotted me, they still couldn't kill me before I blew off the heads.

So in short, yes, there are still people playing it.

2. Spotting enemies is SO crucial in this game. I wish more people did it. When you have a squad rolling and have different people playing different roles, you really can roll right through a map.

Its also fun to watch new players slowly grasp the game. The way they camp, where they camp, how they react. This game will be an insane beast in 6 months ! Less than a month now, guys !

3. Im telling you - this is going to be the best console online FPS ever. Play in a full squad of friends for an hour and think about all the different modes, maps, map variants, gameplay variations, and unlocks. Its a wrap. I have alot of local friends who are just discovering a true Battlefield game (which BC2 definately is) for the first time after half of them hated BC1. They just cant believe how good this one is. I keep thinking this is truely a next gen online FPS with the scale, scope, and destruction - its so far ahead of the pack in those areas - where the Halo3's and such were just minor updates of last gen's games.

10:30 EST BFBC2 360 Tonight. Everyone I know will probably be snowed in. Im shooting to get 12 people on the same team tonight. Lets do this.
    Last edited by Destro777; 05 Feb 2010 at 04:17 PM.
    NowPlaying: Battlefield series . DarkSouls . MGS collection . Cap+SNK fighters . AceCombat series . ArmoredCore series

4. I am "renting" Bad Company from Gamestop, and I can honestly say, BC2 is well over 100 times better than the first. This will truly be the best console FPS ever. No doubt in my mind. I will definitely be playing the demo up to the day the game actually comes out.

If you hated BC1, you have to give 2 a try. It is really that much better. I actually hated BC1 cause so many thinks felt off. This is not the case in BC2. Dice really stepped it up here.

5. Got a chance to get an hour in with this after my fail att internet connection took 2 to download it. I have two things to say. First, yes I am noob, how the fuck do I spot people? Second, good to see that the fucking helicopter fail pilots carried over from part 1 and 1943.

I was running to a chopper and this asshole camper jumps in first so I get in the gunner position. That's cool I think as I haven't played yet. Well we take off and immediately and I mean asap we fly 20 feet and slam into the ground. Same guy later does same thing and pretty much costs us the game.

Why do idiots who can't fly always seem to be the ones who "get to da choppa"?

Other than that, I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS GAME, and I'm not dissapointed at all. Well they do need to nerf the shotguns, people are pretty much sniping with them lol.

6. Maybe you should get on and play with us.

I haven't really had much problem at all with the shotty. In tight quarters I get raped with it, but that is to be expected. Don't get killed often with it out in the open though.

Quote Originally Posted by Destro777 View Post

10:30 EST BFBC2 360 Tonight. Everyone I know will probably be snowed in. Im shooting to get 12 people on the same team tonight. Lets do this.
    Might be going out to a movie, but if I don't I'll be on for sure.

7. One of the best things ever to do as a defender in the 3rd section is to get on the mounted AT gun that is kind of in the middle. You have a straight line right down the road where the enemy is coming from, you can take out or damage incoming tanks, and you can spot just about every enemy and rack up the spot assists. Hell, you can even shoot a few missiles and blow people up trying to snipe or just standing still like an idiot.

8. That 3rd base's AT placement and just the whole choke point on that road is why that base is the toughest one to assault. Once people find out how to play this game right its gonna be essential for your team's snipers to kill that dude in that AT for the attackers to stand a chance.
    NowPlaying: Battlefield series . DarkSouls . MGS collection . Cap+SNK fighters . AceCombat series . ArmoredCore series

9. Quote Originally Posted by Destro777 View Post
    That 3rd base's AT placement and just the whole choke point on that road is why that base is the toughest one to assault. Once people find out how to play this game right its gonna be essential for your team's snipers to kill that dude in that AT for the attackers to stand a chance.
    Exactly. I know how to play this game. Way too many people do not. I can spend a good 5-10 minutes on that AT before I even have snipers firing on me. That said, when it comes time to defend the 3rd base, I go sniper, so I can shoot back. I am also always a sniper when attacking the third base (or a med if the other team is too stupid to use the AT), cause keeping people off that AT almost guarantees your team will be getting tanks to the target.

I am bored, have nothing to do, and am a little drunk. I have been playing mostly solo all day, and want to rape with a squad. Who is game?

EDIT: I'm gonna run to the store here in a second but will be playing for most of the night as soon as I get back.
    Last edited by ElCapichan; 06 Feb 2010 at 10:50 PM.

10. That was fun, guys. I probably won't be on for a long time because of my graduate program, which makes me sad because I really enjoyed what I played from the demo.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios