Page 19 of 120 FirstFirst ... 51517181920212333 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlefield: Bad Company 2

1. Hey guys have you seen this?

Quote Originally Posted by ElCapichan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

2. ouch.
    NowPlaying: Battlefield series . DarkSouls . MGS collection . Cap+SNK fighters . AceCombat series . ArmoredCore series

3. Finally getting the hang of flying. Had to invert the controls. Still not great at it, but doing much better.

Had a great Battlefield moment. There aren't too many people playing, so I was just going back into the enemy base and c4'ing the guy on the UAV. He finally got hip to me, and got on the UAV for a few seconds then off and spotted me. So to get him back, I hope in the Blackhawk, fly really high above the UAV point, where there is a tank waiting for me. I jump out, pull out my shoot, and throw my c4 down on top of the tank and UAV and got 3 kills, blew up the tank, blew up the UAV, and racked in the parachute kill points. Good times.

4. Quote Originally Posted by ElCapichan View Post
    I dunno what I am gonna do about BF3. I hope it is a ways off, so I can save up enough money to get a new computer (good iMac with Windows 7), and actually be able to afford it.
    Battlefield 3 is not in EA's plans for the next fiscal year, so I'd say anytime after April '11, unfortunately.

5. Not that it matters too much as BFBC2 will keep me busy for a while. I am loving this game to death.

Also just had some of the best matches ever kicking the shit out of noobs.

6. Yeah people are really missing out if theyre passing on BC2 because they didnt like Bad Company 1. This game is just too damn good to miss. I almost wish they just named it something else but kept the BF name.

My Battlefield moment of this week: Sniping the helicopter driver thru the cockpit glass and watching the gunner (not knowing what happened) sit helplessly as the copter crashed into a tank. KABOOM. You aint finding stuff like that in ANY other game.

Speaking of Battlefield moments...
    Last edited by Destro777; 11 Feb 2010 at 12:39 PM.
    NowPlaying: Battlefield series . DarkSouls . MGS collection . Cap+SNK fighters . AceCombat series . ArmoredCore series

7. Quote Originally Posted by Destro777 View Post
    Yeah people are really missing out if theyre passing on BC2 because they didnt like Bad Company 1. This game is just too damn good to miss. I almost wish they just named it something else but kept the BF name.
    True story. I loved BF2 and really enjoyed 1943, but couldn't stand BC. Just felt way off, and poor job of implementing the series for consoles. BC2 feels pretty much spot on. It's really difficult to actually find some worth complaining about in this game (demo).

8. I tried out the demo this evening with a friend and could not get the hang of it. I simply kept respawing into kills via tank or chopper. Needless to say, I did not enjoy it.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Deewtaei View Post
    I tried out the demo this evening with a friend and could not get the hang of it. I simply kept respawing into kills via tank or chopper. Needless to say, I did not enjoy it.
    Give it time. The game does have a steep learning curve and can be a bit overwhelming for first timers. Once you get a hang of using the weapons, learning the spawn system, how to effectively use each class, and where things are on the map it is pure awesomeness.

Plying this evening, I learned how crazy hardcore mode is going to be. I have a feeling there are gonna be a ton of team kills at first, or maybe those playing hardcore will know what they are doing. Gonna have to watch out for running over your own teammates, especially the engy repairing you. Can just go all willy nilly with grenade throws and C4 to protect, blow up the crates, etc. Should be fun

10. It also helps if you play with folks who know what they're doing and communicate well. I never played Battlefield before, but I've been able to get used to the game playing in Destro's squad. I'm not the best player (Kill/Death ratio isn't great), but I've been able to provide valuable support as a Medic by resuscitating dead teammates and spotting any enemies I come across (hit the Back button when you aim at any enemy or enemy vehicle and they'll show up in the map for your entire team to see). If my squad mates are dead, I'll hang back to safety until they respawn near me.

Battlefield rewards good team play, so if you and your friend are playing with randoms that don't communicate well, you're in for a miserable time.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios